Sinister: All these letters belong in a letter which belongs in a letter-sized envelope

Mike K dontloveanyone at xxx.net
Sun Mar 11 20:02:38 GMT 2001

Hello all,

First off thanks Honey for giving me my voice back, I unfortunately had to switch email addresses, so if i haven't got back to anyone who emailed me off list, i'm sorry and i'll do my best do get back to you soon.

Kara Jean told us:
>Now the relevant thing aboot this dream was that it's soundtract was the >first three songs from Tigermilk in order.  I've had dreams with songs, >even dreams with subtitles, but never a soundtrack before.   A very >exciting development.

Coincidentally, last week i had a dream completely soundtracked by Belle & Sebastian, however, the songs had all been strangely altered. For example, I was riding my bus when I turned "Boy Done Wrong Again" on my discman, but it was far more uptempo than i remembered it, it was quite odd. But not as odd as the fact that George Harrison was in my dream, except he was young, and he had brought me a bunch of rare songs. Rare Weezer and B&S songs. The best part of this dream was waking up.

I've started reading Kafka's "The Trial", thanks to many of your recommendations. I've only got about 30 pages to go, and it's probably the best book i've read this year. But then again, it's only March.

Marikka said:
>oh, and for anyone in los angeles, in particular those
>who claim to be fans of weezer, odds are in favor of
>the band making an appearance at the cd release party
>for ozma on the 23rd.  but you should go for the sweet
>guys of ozma anyway.

I'm not in LA but i strongly recommend anyone around there to check this out. Even if =weezer= doesn't show, you'll be hearing Ozma's new album, and they're grate. Has anyone seen weezer on this tour?

I had an odd moment at school last week. I spend most of my time listening to music anyway, and at that moment i was (surprisingly...) listening to Belle & Sebastian. Fold Your Hands, in fact. I've given up trying to introduce most people to B&S...they just don't listen properly. But that day, a girl came up to me and asked what i was listening to. She's a nice girl but she listens to Marilyn Manson. I didn't know quite what to do. My cdplayer was in my pocket (i've got big pockets, but not for pharmaceuticals, ho ho) and so i fumbled around trying to find a song that would introduce B&S to her properly. Instead, i managed to end up on Waiting For the Moon to Rise, which is a lovely song but not quite the introduction i was searching for. She was less than impressed. But that's quite alright I suppose. Being alone's got its advantages.

I am terribly jealous of all of you who have tried Ribena. The new thing going 'round here is absinthe, which has just been legalized, but i've yet to try it. Any advice about that?

Love always,
Mike K.