Sinister: It all belongs to Czar

tmalone3 at xxx.net tmalone3 at xxx.net
Mon Mar 12 06:50:40 GMT 2001

Howdy Sinister,
    I should be studying for finals, but nothing seems to stick.  I
think my brain is too filled up with song lyrics.  References to
family trees going back to the Romans, it all belonging to Cesar, and
St. Etienne keep popping into my head, and I can't help but run through
the songs in my head.  Its a sickness I think.  I don't think I've
learned anything of consequence since grade school.  I just remember
things like why the rulers of Russia called themselves Czars (because
it means Cesar and they believed themselves to be the heirs to
Byzantium (Rome)).  Oh well, it doesn't really matter.
    People keep mentioning the Pixies (I think I did initiate it
though, so I'll comment) and I'm all about that.  The Pixies only making
it to no. 81 is a travesty that should be remedied immediately!  They
reinvented rock when it most needed to be reinvented.  We owe them so
much.  BTW, 'Pixies fuckin' Die!' is an awesome tribute and I strongly
recommend everyone get it.  You haven't lived until you've heard the
goth version of no. 13 baby.  I can't wait until we're all 30 something
(I'm sure some of us are already though) and listening to Belle &
Sebastian tributes.  I haven't decided which song would get the Goth
make over yet, but my preliminary winner is 'If you're feeling
Sinister'.  What do you all think?  Now I have to go listen to all the
albums and singles and decide how each song would be covered. :)

--
Tim Malone
currently listening to 'Motherless Child' by Tom Jones, featuring