Sinister: hear the city hum underneath the pale moonlight

adevens at xxx.edu adevens at xxx.edu
Mon Mar 12 06:57:27 GMT 2001

another in a series of pointless stories from my life: ;-)

there was a cute girl on a bus with me a few days ago. we didn't talk to each
other and i wondered the whole time why she wouldn't want to talk to me, which
of course is ridiclous but i guess i'm a bit ridiculous sometimes. we got off a
the same stop and we both sort of glanced at each other at the same time, that
sort of "they look intresting, i would like to meet them" glance and then i
started down one side of the street and she started down the other. that's when
i realized it didn't make any difference what side of the street i was on to get
where i was going. i bet i never see that girl again.

i was walking back from some place in sf tonight and it was late and i was, as
usual, amazed at just how many homeless people there are here. but i wonder if
there are really anymore homeless people here then anywhere else or if the
homeless here are just more out in the open. and that thought makes me much
sader. i don't have any big plan to save the homeless and i don't really do
anything that helps, i just wish...

i'm sure that sounds sappy and it is... but i mean it.
arik