Sinister: lost stories, playing games, and any suggestions?

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Mon Mar 12 13:44:35 GMT 2001

Hello all....

Hope you had a good weekend and stuff. Mine was
alright. Spent it doing not very much, except tidying
and cleaning. The floor was black! It really was!
filthy! Not been washed since before Christmas. So I
washed that, twice.

And I was tidying through my desk, sorting out uni
notes that were all over the place when I discovered a
story I started writing back in '99, when I was in
Norway. Actually, the first few pages I started when I
was 18, in '97, but then ran out of steam. I didn't
throw it away, I never throw things that mght be
useful away. So I rewrote the story when I was in
Norway. I was very bored in Norway you see.

I didn't realise that I'd written about 77 pages of
the thing!
Its quite good to read through it again, but I think
now I need to edit it, cos some of the points the
character makes aren't very clear. But otherwise, I
like some of the descriptions I used.
"Transexual chicken who'd been cut off the hormone
tablets half way through the course".
I quite like that.

The only thing that struck me, when I read it, was how
some of the things that happen to the character have
in essence, since then, happened to me. Some of the
characters also seem very familiar, to people I know
now. Even though I didn't know them when I started
writing, and took it all purely out of my imagination.

So I decided, that I'm not going to kill off any of
the characters. I will, however, have to change some
of the names, cos I now know people with those names.
Hmm.

If any of you are bored, and needing something to do,
can I recommend exploring www.itsyourturn.com  its a
games thing, you play battleships, chess, all sorts.
Good fun.

Okay.. I need some suggestions for characters names.

I have four character names to change, one girl, three
boys names.

any ideas? sensible ones only, please. And no, I'm not
going to name them after any belle and sebastian
reference. So "no" to Judy, Laura, Belle, Stuart,
Stevie, Chris, Richard, Mick, Isobel, Sarah,
Sebastian, Lisa....

sensible names as well. No names like "Ivor Biggun" or
anything.

I know you lot are in a smutty mood at the moment.

Thankyou,
Idles

=====
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/corduroysmoke  we're all smoking our corduroys in our secret little b+s club- what are you doing??