Sinister: Dear Diary... (Unnecessarily long).

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Mon Mar 12 22:44:00 GMT 2001

Hello folks,

Hope you're doing well. It's a beautiful afternoon, the birds are singing.
And I am on my computer, posting to Sinister. How was everyone else's
weekend? (I suppose a more appropriate time to post about my weekend
would've been Sunday evening, but pah to convention.)

---begin skimming
"Our weekend was keen, Timothy- really a great time. How was yours?"

Well, since you asked, my weekend wasn't too shoddy at all, despite its
shaky origins.

Friday evening I was supposed to see a play with Scottie from Another
Fiasco, and we were going to go shopping beforehand. I was so excited; as it
is a rare occasion that AF Scottie and I are ever able to spend time
together because of our conflicting schedules. So I was hanging about
waiting for him to pick me up, when the phone rang. I picked it up with my
usual shy hello, expecting Scott to be on the other end. But it was a girl
whose voice was unfamiliar. I was very excited, 'cause I don't get many
calls, let alone from girls.

"Hi...is Tim there?"

"(cough) Yes, this is Tim."

"Tim!"

"Yeah.. who's this?"

"This is your manager. You're half an hour late for work."

Mmm, I thought. This must've been some sort of mistake. But it wasn't, and I
was actually late for work. So my mother sped me to work after I called
Scott to cancel. The girl before me had put Lenny Kravitz's greatest hits
in, and I'm sorry to the Lenny Kravitz fans on this list (or Lenny Kravitz
himself) but I'm not really a fan. So that sort of added to my aggravation.
Then I had to the cards in the Soul section for much of the rest of the
evening. My other manager told me she'd heard of some group called Kings of
Convenience, and how we'd just gotten a new one in, and on the new release
sheet it described them as "instantly appealing to fans of Belle & Sebastian
and Nick Drake." So that sort of piqued my curiousity a bit, cause I
instantly thought of the list. Could anyone recommend/warn me about
purchasing this? Err, right. So work was dry. I stayed out too late after
work and I forget what I did. But I had to help open the next morning so I
was suitably tired. Got out quickly on Saturday and went to another show
after I got some carrotcake at Square One. Carrotcake is great food. The
show was great, I saw lots of familiar faces and got some great stuff from
91.7, The 'Ville. Some girl hugged me, I think by mistake. I saw my friend
Mike from 107 Steps and Ben from Vincent Price's Orphan Powered Death
Machine. (What a great named for a band. Vincent Price's Orphan Powered
Death machine...)

AF Scott was there too so I was able to apologize in person for the shafting
I'd given him the previous night, and All American Radio put on a good show,
but not as good as when we (formerly Secret Agent X-9) opened for them. They
had crazy lights. They were colored. And louder.
My friend Nate won the "grand prize" of two tickets to see Vertical Horizon.
He hates Vertical Horizon, but he really wanted those tickets. He likes
doing weird things, so we'll probably end up heading out to see them next
Sunday. Mm, good times.. we got home late that night/early the next morning
and had a great night. I also found out the The (International) Noise
Conspiracy (ex-Refused) was playing a show in the states. Hooray! If any
folks of the Sinister persuasion will be attending, be sure to let me know.
Although T(I)NC's music is quite a bit different than B&S.

Sunday I worked.

---end skimming

Anyways, enough of my online catharsis. I just had to tell someone about my
exciting weekend, so I figured why not tell fifteen hundred people that I
don't know?

...Marikka. 81. EIGHTY-ONE. I'm just going to shake my head. I did not catch
that and it's probably better that I didn't. I'm green with envy, Ozma are
so good.. I had wanted to hug Rivers, but I'd hug any of them, as well. I'd
love to attend their CD release party. And yes, you're right. Rivers
probably is the only one who'd be guarded. My friend Anthony (of 3/5 The
Former, who played with the Spacetwins in CA) said when he saw them last
year Rivers was wearing some sort of wig/beard when he ran through the
crowd. Interesting guy. Have a blast at the show...

...Rinaldo and Mike K. I don't remember what you said specifically but I
know it was about Weezer. If you do get to see them, have a blast. They put
on a great show. (If anyone else is curious about my Weezer experience,
e-mail me and I'd be obliged to send it out.)

...Thanks to Desmond & Angel for the book recommendations. I was able to
order some book about Hideous Men from the library by that Allen fellow but
not the Girl With the Curious Hair. I may have to purchase Filth 'cause the
libraries don't have it.

...ArtsyDeco, Denny's. What an interesting place. All the indie/emo/punkrock
kids used to go there, back in the day. Around here at least. Is it a
national phenomenon? I went there on Christmas Eve with my friend Nate. I
used to go there often, I even knew most of the "trons" there. Hm, that
takes me back.

I am very jealous of all the UKers out there, always having parties, and
shows, and get-togethers... even a club that has Pixies nights. You folks
have really got it good, maybe someday I'll make it across the pond. But for
now I think an American Sinister get-together would be really enjoyable
(road trip, anyone?). If anyone can get it off the ground, keep the list
posted, for sure!

But that's all for now, I do believe I have broken the fifteen minute rule.
Mm, sorry about that. THe day is still beautiful but it is dwindling, and
I'd like to spend some of it outside. First I must do the wash.

Humbly yours,

Timothy.
xoxo

p.s. I heard that group Camera Obscura the other day, how (if they are at
all) are they related to B&S? Was that Stuart the B&S teddybear that was
helping them with their sound equipment?