Sinister: Child is father to the man...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Mar 13 14:29:28 GMT 2001

It is slowly nearing springtime in my neck of the woods; the days are growing longer and the grass and trees are greener each day.  Pretty soon the sweaters will begin gathering dust for a season or two, and all the weights I've lifted this winter will hopefully make my biceps look suitably swoon inducing.  Regardless, I'm really beginning to hate it here with a passion, because as someone said in American Graffiti, "Why are all the women in this town ugly or have boyfriends?"  Like most small towns, or mediocre cities with decent aspirations, everything is quite cyclical and repetitive...you meet the same three kinds of girls in the local bars and your relationship inevitably follows the same path as the last few, everyone drinks the same beer, wears the same clothes, etc.  As a way of keeping some semblance of hope amidst the drudgery, I've decided to study abroad in Rome for a semester as soon as my college will allow it.  Even if I have to take typing or cooking or somethi!
!
ng, I WILL BE IN ROME before too
 long.  My weakness for Italian women compels me.  Rome listees, mail me if you get a few moments.
I recently got a copy of the Beach Boys' "Smile," burned in its correct running order, per Brian Wilson's last memo to Capitol before scrapping the album.  With apologies to Mr. Kado in advance, I've always felt this was brilliant, blessed collection of tunes but once you hear the progression of the songs as Wilson intended, it just boggles the mind with the intricacy and foresight.  I would love to have heard it on vinyl with Cabinessence closing the first side, only to have Good Vibrations beging the second.  Pure brilliance.
Drunken and heavy-hearted...

Steve C.