Sinister: I've got a roll of cellotape in my mouth

Geoff geoffpritchard at xxx.com
Tue Mar 13 23:30:17 GMT 2001

I went out after work the other night for some kids leaving do.  Went to
pub, followed by what I thought was gonna be some pretenious club up Old
Street.  I got excited when I saw some bands stuff set up though, and I
almost exploded when I realised I had stumbled into a Trembling Blue Stars
gig.  But they were only the supporting act to a tramp singing Dylan at
Kings Cross.

Unfortunately, I went to see Lowgold on Friday.  Never heard anything by
them but my mates reckoned they were good, so I went along.  I imagined they
were gonna be a boring Travis-Coldplay-Starsailor-New Starsailor type of
thing; and they were.  (Was that good semi-colon work-I never use them
normally?)

More upsetting than Lowgold though was my experiences at the "indie" club
collide-a-scope.  The kids all went wild when L*mp Bi*kit's Rollin was on,
but reacted with indifference to the Boy with the Arab Strap.  I would have
been in tears if I hadn't been so hyper after drinking Samuel Smiths D-Pils
all night.  This is the drink of the Gods.  Any of you that are in York, go
to the Handsome Cab for the full D-Pils effect: pipes, alchies and lots of
banter.