Sinister: the sunrise makes a fence out of the forest

Jennifer Gray blueorchid99999 at xxx.com
Wed Mar 14 05:52:24 GMT 2001

Sinisteria--

    Another beautiful day.  All the office people are
being so friendly to this janitoress lately, and so
neat and tidy in their cubicles.  It must be the magic
of Spring!  Also, the transsexual that I work with
(male to female) told me the tale of the lusty
threesome she just had.  Not too titillating, but at
least it gave me a wild story to tell my husband when
I got home.
  Nicholas Passant wrote:
"Jenny began a sentence with the voice of tragedy: '
Well, yes, in a Utopia where…'.  That way lies ruin;
that way lies surrender," and "I find the idea of free
exchange rather exciting, actually.  The Library is a
tremendously powerful and radical idea, you know.
Copyright be damned, I want to experience everything I
possibly can NOW, and then – and only then – may you
try and judge me."
    Hmmmm....you know, I also find the idea of free
exchange exciting, and I have made free use of
Napster.  I use it like a radio--so I can experience a
lot of different music, and then buy what I like.  I
don't come home with shitty CDs anymore.  Maybe that's
what the record companies are really afraid of.  But
anyway, I don't really consider this use of Napster
copyright infringement.  I like to think of it the way
you view art at a museum, but you can't take it home
with you unless you buy a print.  I don't think the
decision about the Glasgow Uni MP3s had anything to do
with copyright.  I think it was about artistic
control.  Which a songwriter is entitled to because
songwriting *is* hard work.  They've put themselves
into their songs, which in my opinion makes them more
irrevocably "theirs" than a copyright does.  And...
Nicholas' comments about Utopia were interesting and
food for thought.
     My favorite names....Lydia, James, Alex,
Eve....definitely not Tammy.  I've always detested
that name.  It makes me think of a soggy pancake for
some reason.
     Steve C. writes:  "I've decided to study abroad
in Rome for a semester as soon as my college will
allow it."  I wonder....if I'd fit in your suitcase?
I've always wanted to go to Rome too.  Rome is the
Trevi Fountain scene from La Dolce Vita for me. I'd go
to Pompeii, too.  The sense of history would be
overwhelming to me *anywhere* in Europe.
                  Love and Macramé,   Jenny Janitoria