Sinister: In basements we will hide; amnesia is our alibis.

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Fri Mar 16 01:36:17 GMT 2001

A tearful hello.

All this talk of favourite softdrinks has gotten me a bit weepy, because
sadly enough, my favourite softdrink is no longer available to the general
public. This bottle (can, rather) of wonderful was known as Josta, and was
manufactured by PepsiCo, who I am sure have committed a similar number of
atrocities. It took me quite awhile to realize it'd been taken off the
shelves, because I don't get out much. Finally one day I got it in me to
call up PepsiCo, and ask whatever happened to Josta. So I did, and they said
that it had been discontinued due to lack of positive public response, which
saddened me greatly and made me long for the days where I had a cool Josta
in my right hand.

This wasn't just any softdrink, it was flavoured by guarana berries which I
imagine are very rare. My friend Stephen and I even passed around a petition
at school to bring back Josta. But I think that I may have lost all the
signatures, so our first attempt at reviving Josta was a failure. However
some boy gave me a Josta baseball cap, which he had gotten as a promotional
item at a show. It had the black leopard that was their emblem emblazoned on
the front and in proud letters beneath read "Josta." I gave it to Stephen
for his help in getting signatures, even though I had lost them. For now I
suppose that coffee will have to satiate my hunger for caffeien... but to
this day there is a leopard sized hole in my heart that pangs with remorse
for not supporting this drink with greater zeal upon its introduction.

Josta; gone- but not forgotten.

Humbly yours,

Timothy
xoxo

The Self-Appointed Defender of the Creative Merits of Beyond the Sunrise.

(I like that song.)