Sinister: Crouching Tizer, Hidden Vimto

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Mar 16 16:38:03 GMT 2001

I see that dreadful group The Pines get a good write-up in this week's
Tangents. Apparently their caterwauling vocalists, Pam and Joe, complement
each other beautifully. Yeah, well so did Arthur Mullard and Hilda Baker,
mate. It is in an article about bunged-up forty-something schoolboys The
Clientele. The author has a sly dig at B$S while he's at it.

The $ in B$S was a mistake, but I'll leave it in as a comment on the recent
MP3 furore. I don't think ideas are free. Mine bloody well aren't. Except
the ones in this message.

I tricked myself into buying the new reissue of Love's FC album, apparently
the DoW trumpet on AAO is there because the producer was working with Herb
Alpert at the time. So when Stuart said to Mick, "play like Love" he could
have saved himself a lot of time and trouble by saying, "play like Herb
Alpert". Also, AHINAM used to just cut off in a searingly psychedelic
psych-out manner, whereas now it fades out boringly. Why? BM's OM is based
on a tune by Prokofiev. Never heard of them, must be a prog rock outfit.

Have you tried Co-op Ribena? Just a suggestion. It tastes better, the
bottle's less effeminate and you get Co-op stamps instead of Green Shield
ones. And are you people drinking your Ribena out of plastic beakers with
childproof lids? If not, ask yourself this question: AM I TWEE ENOUGH?

Thanks to Carsmile Steve for that excellent Peacock Johnson review. It told
me everything I wanted to know. I thought something had gone wrong with the
list for a minute.

Sister Disco