Sinister: Beyond the Sunrise, Darker Than Thou, and the Fall of Western Civilization

Jason McKinnon megatherion5 at xxx.com
Fri Mar 16 17:14:31 GMT 2001

Hello Fellow Denizens of the Sinistraad!

Greetings from the Land of Fruits and Nuts (CALIFORNIA),

Let me tell you, one tends to fall asleep driving to New York from here. The
European equivalent trying to drive to Velocity's house (Greece) from
Croydon.

Any-frickin-hoo, all this talk about Beyond the Sunrise brought up a gripe
(here he goes again...jeez). Does anyone notice the pronounced finger squeak
on the acoustic guitar part. It's all "Joseph was (squeak) traveling
(squeak)...."

Man, oh man, is that ever annoying!

That guitar is crying out in a voice not unsimilar to Groundskeeper Willie
(the Jar-Jar Binks of the Simpsons)"Grease me down, Woman!"

Speaking of which....

Why is everything cheap (in America) described as Scottish?

1)scotch tape
2)Scottish Inns
3) MacFrugal's (i swear there is a chain store called that here)

Lotsa subtle racism.........

Here's more food for thought:

Even as a youngster growing up in a small southern town...I noticed that
people with Celtic Backgrounds were treated differently. Most of those slave
owners we all love to hate are English in origin. The poor tenant farmers
who worked their lands were generally Irish and Scottish. In the slow moving
South, this attitude of Celts being poor white trash is slow to erode, and
even persists today exploited on shows like Jerry Springer.

Another fact:

In New Orleans, the dirtiest, scummiest part of town was and still is called
the Irish Quarter.

In America:

If you look white, you are white (i.e. anglo-saxon).
Whatever white is....

Are french people not latin?

Not in the US. Mexicans who are more than half Native American are
considered more latin.

Are Italian people Latin?

Not in the US.

Look at it like this....

There are people from India who are way darker that any African-Americans I
grew up with.

What about the micronesians? Aborigines?

Giving you questions for all your Answers since 1975,

The Pickle Prince