Sinister: Of bird and hair 2

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Sat Mar 17 12:20:22 GMT 2001

Remember that post about the girl helping the bird that I made before? Of
course you don't, but I have a follow up for you anyway...

I was at the Maddona night my student union organised for comic relef (pure
hell on wheels) because my friends were doing a 'vogue' dance to raise
money. I was there till about 2, when it shut, and I bumped into on of the
girls who had been helping the bird. She's cute, kind of shirt, with hippy
type cloths, and short (can't have everything I suppose, maybe she'll grow
it) pink hair. She came over to me (I think, I was a little tipsey, having
been in the bar since 8 to support my friends) and I told her how great it
was that she bothered to help the bird. I also told her that I was so
touched I was moved to tell the story on this list. I asked if she liked
Belle and Sebastian and she said yes... though possibly a little to
passively. I chatted to her for about five minutes, and I think she liked me
(though my judgement may have been a little impaired), then her bus started
leaving. It was at that point I'm glad I was drunk, because otherwise I
wouldn't have asked for her number. She said she didn't have her mobile and
couldn't remember her number, she asked her friends, but they couldn't
remember either. She told me her address is 56 Kilders Road (There is
something quite sweet about that address), which I forgot till I went to
wash my hands this morning, thinking she hadn't actually left me any way to
contact her (hense wasn't really interested), and found it written on my
hand. She also told me she'd be at the union on Monday at one, and she'd
generally be about in Uni. I hope this works out... I'm pretty excited.

"We make computers... but we don't know how to operate computers" - 17 year
old Manila factory worker

The Happy Reaper