Sinister: i AM puzzled by a dream (my first b&s dream, with some anime trea t)

Lu, Liqin llu at xxx.edu
Sat Mar 17 19:19:02 GMT 2001

Note: 1. this is long, but may interest you. 2. the content of this dream
has absolutely nothing to do with what i feel about  the band members, but
of course if you're so into freud or subconciousness, feel free to email me
an analysis. 3. don't hate me, isobel fans, i swear i like her as much as
you do.  -------LiQin

I was at a bus station, and suddenly an old woman wearing a pair of
sunglasses (she looked like the old woman in Ranma ½ the anime) came up to
me and asked me where she could find a copy of Tigermilk the CD. We then
went to Nanjing Road where I said to her, "this is the only place you can
find Tigermilk these days."(I had a post-war or post-something-big feeling
when I said this in my dream) Because she was wondering why we didn't go to
Beijing Road instead. (I'm from China so presumably I was at home when this
happened, because Beijing Road is the most popular shopping area, hence the
'why not Beijing Road' question. But the strange thing is, there isn't any
Nanjing Road in Guangzhou...) So I led her to an obscure apartment somewhere
down the Road. I knew where this place was because someone else showed me
how to get there before. So we got in, and when I was about to hand her the
CD that I fetched from a shelf, a young woman came in the room, it seemed
like she was a management type of person of the band.(Katrina?) She asked me
what I was doing, I told her I was trying to get this old woman a Tigermilk
CD. Then she pointed to the old woman and said, "well she looked more like a
man than a woman to me."(What sense does this make?? It just sounds
hilarious to me, not in my dream, but when I type it out) The old woman,
upon hearing this, took off her sunglasses. Then suddenly the young woman
was jumping and hugging the old woman, shouting, "Jenowl! Long time no
see!"(the whole thing is just so manga or anime like) and it seemed to me
that the young woman knew all along she was Jenowl but just wanted to tease
me.

In the meantime I noticed that on the desk right below the shelve there was
a letter written to Isobel by some male member of the band. (I just knew it
was either Stevie or Mick) I went through it quickly (just couldn't help)
and found out that it was basically a love letter. There was another letter
placed near by that. I didn't open it (it was well folded) but I assumed it
was a reply from Isobel. (by now I was alone in the room, the young woman
and Jenowl left) I also found a third letter by the window, and without
opening it I knew it was for another female band member from another male
band member. Somehow I took all three letters and managed to drop them
unintentionally, and couldn't tell each other apart. (why I couldn't tell
them apart? I don't know, maybe they all look the same all of a sudden) and
I felt something bad was going to happen.

I walked out of the room to a lounge, where I saw all the band members and
the young woman mentioned above and Jenowl. (this would be a sufficient
reason why this is a dream =)  They were arguing about something, something
involving Isobel and maybe Stuart. Someone said, "There are so much trouble
and it's all because of you!" directing at Isobel. And some others agreed,
saying, "because you were always 'the main female character' of the band,
it's always natural to pair you up with Stuart, 'the main male character' of
the band. But it's not right, there should never be a main female character,
you should just be like the rest of us." Isobel was mad, I could tell, and
she ran into another room (her's I assumed). Then the rest of the band
started telling Stuart that what they just said was true and it was for the
best of the band to get rid of Isobel. Before long Stuart was convinced, and
they started to discuss who should replace Isobel. One of them said it
should be someone..., and Stuart said it should be someone that knows how to
...tracking. (... represents the exact words that they used that I forgot)
Then all of a sudden they all look at me, and I knew they were going to say,
"you know how to track ..., right?" To which I responded with a nervous yes.
Quickly after this Isobel came back in with a suitcase (apparently they all
live here). She was very angry, and instead of talking back to the other
band members, she walked up to Anna (a newly joined band member, it was only
in my dream, and for some reason she was called Anna) and said to her, "you
have clean teeth, you should use some bloody English..." at which point I
woke up.