Sinister: last night something pretty bad happened

blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Sun Mar 18 04:49:09 GMT 2001

ha!

don't be fooled by the subject line.  my heart was NOT broken last night.  i
had you going there for a second, didn't i?  i thought so.  now onto
business.

1.  the other day, no sooner did i post, grab a sandwich, and return to my
computer, that several emails were waiting for me that stated "pale skinny
guys are sexy".  i really must have lost the memo on that one.  actually, i
don't think i ever got it.  so i celebrated that precious kernel of truth by
getting lambasted in the sun today.  so i'm not pale anymore.  i'm just a
lobster.  this is a good look for me.  very very red.  well at least now my
blushing won't be so awfully visible.  so i'm pale no more.  at least for a
couple more days.  wheee!

2.  i just got contacts and they are ripping my self confidence to pieces.
i just can't open up my eye to either stick those things in or rip those
things out.  i do achieve my goal eventually, albeit thirty minutes after i
start.  i think it will get better.  i hope.  i pray.  love me, contacts,
love me.

3.  i listened to FYHCYWLAP last night.  hmmm.  i still just don't know what
i think.  i think i liken it to suede's "head music" (no sighs, no laughs,
no groans!)--i consider both EPs.  there are some songs that are brilliant
and grate and lovely and represent some of the group's finest work but some
of the other songs are just blah blah blah and i skip right past them.  i
can't get enough of "the model" and "there's too much love" (the latter
being one of my favorite songs ever) but was there a need to put "beyond the
sunrise" or "nice day for a sulk"? (i'm sorry the latter hurts my ears.
anyone else struan is off key on this song?  i don't think it's been
mentioned on this list before)  so it's a mixed bag.  and it's way too
overproduced.  that's the B&S snob in me.  i want more anonymous noises like
the cardigan zip on "expectations".  more more more!  maybe the unzipping of
isobel's skirt?  boy that would make a track memorable.  oh doctor.  oh me.
oh my.

4.  sorry for posting twice in such a short amount of time.  i will now go
into hibernation.  for another week or so that is.

hardy har har
love
blake

the nerdy shy eyed pacifist
the palace of heartbreak - http://members.tripod.com/nucleartrout - newly
updated!  more stuff for everyone to suffer through!