kick in the eye Re: Sinister: last night something pretty bad happened

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Sun Mar 18 05:13:45 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "blake" <hamibe02 at xxx.edu>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 11:49 PM
Subject: Sinister: last night something pretty bad happened

> 2.  i just got contacts and they are ripping my self confidence to pieces.
> i just can't open up my eye to either stick those things in or rip those
> things out.  i do achieve my goal eventually, albeit thirty minutes after
> start.  i think it will get better.  i hope.  i pray.  love me, contacts,
> love me.

try doing it with my damn caveman brow.  my cousin places her hand over the
eye, pulls the lid up and just plops it right on.  my eyes are set too deep,
so i must pull the bottom lid way down, put the bottom in and sorta slide it
up.

i don't wear them often at all.  it took me forever to put on the practice
lenses at the optometrist's too.  very frustrating and demoralizing.  i
can't even get lenses that are just right for me, even the astigmatism lens
made my vision worse actually.  so, it's just a little accessory.  i only
got them on a dare from said cousin.  "let the world see your eyes, jay!
you'll look you age too!"  well, people do seem to think that i look older
glassless, but bah!  i ain't giving them up.  i did take a few self
portraits last night with a naked face though, so depending on how much they
hurt my wee bit of vanity, i might send one in.

now, now, patience.  :)

and again, blake, just go with the pale.  trust me.  work it.  i'm naturally
pale until the sun hits me.  then i turn a deep dark brown, at least on the
little bit of skin i actually expose.  very frustrating, i don't want to be
dark, but at least i don't burn easily.  must be a mixture of the european
genes in me.

jay

"i wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one"