Sinister: I'd like to sing to the record...

ArtsyDeco at xxx.com ArtsyDeco at xxx.com
Sun Mar 18 23:51:19 GMT 2001

I hope this letter finds you all well, maybe even eating chocolate,

I am touched by all of you who have trouble with your contact lenses.  I am blessed with relative ease in putting mine in.  Now before you begin muttering to yourselves, "The lucky bastard, she sooooooo does not know her father" I am not blessed in that my need for them increased with each passing second.  I went from not needing glasses to not being able to drive legally without them in a year.  Every time I go without contacts I start to hear in my head "They let Kara go blind, let Kara go blind, let Kara go bli-i-ind.  Phooey.

Well I attended a wedding yesterday.  I was a shock of color among the dark colors of middleaged people in my bright blue dress with one strap.  I completely looked like a seventeen year old a wedding.  I became convinced that the dj was a b&s fan.  I asked him if he would play some for me.  The silly lied that he didn't know them.  I danced to the ramones anyway.  The only other young people there were the wait staff and over the course of the night I developed a crush on one of them, a tall boy, too tall for his tux, how adorable.  I smiled at him, and (gasp!) he smiled back.  So it went throughout the night, until mother dear announced that we were leaving.  I smiled again, but shyness took hold and I said nothing.  The most I could manage was a feeble wave as I left.  Now this morning I had convinced myself that it was for the best.  I am exceptionally good at preserving the perfection of my lonliness.  I thought "It would be bad to start something anyway, since I'll be of!
!
f to college soon."  I have sinc
e changed my mind.  I think there must be so many times where shyness gets the better of me and I don't know what I'm missing.  I know someone who works with him, so I'm going to try to talk to him.  I'm taking initiative and not resigning myself to continual defeat.  I hope he doesn't think I'm weird.  Phooey.

Ich kann es ausdrucken keine andere Weise,
Kara Jean*