Sinister: 'bastards stole the power' - m. stipe

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Mon Mar 19 00:09:23 GMT 2001

howdo

i really like my contact lenses, i was told i needed glasses at the age of
10 and i never liked them, just not used to having a wire frame sitting on
my face, i didn't find it comfortable at all.  so at 15, after spending
years sitting at the front at school so i could see the blackboard, i got my
lenses and i love them, so there.  what's this talk of practice lenses? i
just got given a pair and shown how to put them in and that was it!

===========you don' have to read this bit=============

so i got to my mate fraser's house post-pub (guinness of course) and the
whole neighbourhood was in a blackout so we lit about 50 candles on the
kitchen table and made tea from water in a pan, as people trickled into the
house (big family), we ended up about 10 strong all sitting round the table
telling jokes till 1:30am and fraser rang the 'leccy people up to ask when
the power would be back on again but by the time it came on we were in bed
(me on the camp bed of course).  so this morning, to get home i had to
travel by metro (local underground/subway system, but above ground here on
the coast) then walk down a huge hill to the ferry across the river tyne and
then a bus home, but on the way through tynemouth station i noticed the
market was on and as i'd have to run down the hill at breakneck speed to
catch the ferry i might as well hang around the market till nearer the time
for the next ferry.  so bargain hunters, this is the spoils of the day: new
fast automatic daffodils lp + king kong 12" by the regular fries, 4 pounds;
blue monday '88 7" by new order, 40p (i already have the 12" but this is a
different version and what's 40p); and 'on the road' by jack kerouac, 2.50p,
brand new too, not bad.  i also say 'theme from neighbours', on 7" but
decided that was going too far, and i also gave a few pence to the violinist
busker woman who gave me a nice smile* but she prob'ly gives that to
everyone but it said to me 'thanks for appreciating me', i'd give smiles
like that if i were a busker.  so by the time i realised i was nearly late
for the ferry so i jumped on the metro and sprinted down the hill only to
find that there's no ferry at 1:30 on a sunday so i stood around reading
kerouac on the floating pontoon ferry landing thing and got buffeted around
by the immensely heavy swell.  i imagined i was looking cool wit my book but
i found i was standing in a puddle and my flares were steadily soaking up
water just making me look foolish.  and the old ware house that stands next
to the ferry now has a sign on it 'manhattan style lofts available summer
'01', but *i* was going to buy that building and make flats for all my
friends, my only dream now is of turning the derelict jesmond picture house
into a kicking nightspot, or just a huge house for me, i love the art deco
architecture old cinemas have**, but why do i love derelict buildings so?

byezy bye
pez

* 'she gave a smile, i looked down/ so down' ben folds five
** ODEON stands for Oscar Deutsch Entertaind Our Nation, honest

www.pez.com - the wonderful world of pez ;)

ivorytowers.8m.com - ivory towers records

www.drpez.com - Dr Pez, Spain's premier fish doctor (i think)