Sinister: You know this world was made for men, not for us.

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Mon Mar 19 18:52:27 GMT 2001

I was riding on a bus on Saturday, through bucolic West Lothian.  We
passed a field of sheep, all laid on their sides with their legs
outstreched, and my automatic reaction was that they had all been killed.
I have been watching the news too much; although i've been trying not to
because it's depressing.  All those dead animals being forklifted about
and burned.

Today, i went to get groceries.  I walked past the meat counter in
Safeway, and saw all the packets of "fresh" meat -- mince, chops, etc --
were a horrible brown-grey colour.  The lamb chops were a shiny green.
i'm sure this isn't right.

Later on Saturday I hit myself on the forehead with a spanner, but that's
entirely incidental.  I have a lovely scab, though.

I was down the local bookshop the other day, and noticed a
wonderful-looking book of cartoons by a chap called Peter Blegvad.  Not
quite the E. Gorey of the new century, but near enough for my taste.
According to a recent copy of the Guardian, he's a musician as well
(although they filed him under "crossover" rather than "P!O!P!").  His
main cartoon character is a little baby rather like the one on the front
of Fairy Liquid bottles.

I go through phases of liking cartoonists, actually. I used to think
Stephen Appleby was great, but now he grates a little.

Incidentally (again), the Guardian was what inspired me to buy my first
B&S record, with its review of IYFS.  They said it sounded as if they had
spent too long without leaving their bedsit; i wonder sometimes if Sturan
was thinking of that when writing I Fought In A War.

i was going to say how my bum is all bruised still from when i kept
falling over on the ice a few weeks back, but then i realised that i'd
infringe the Body Parts Rule.  so i won't.

Re: Ribena:  my flatmate likes it.  but she leaves empty cartons all over
the place for me to clean up.  grrr.

Re: CarsmileSteve: i thought i was the only person who fantasised about
getting on Who Wants To Be A Whatsit, only for question 15 to be "Who won
the best newcomer brit award in 1999?"  i bet chris tarrant would insist
on me pretending i didn't know it instantly, just for the drama of the
moment.  (for the us readers: chris tarrant is the bloke that regis
thingy stole his catchphrases from.  is that your final answer? yes, just
give me the bloody cash!)

anyway, i'm going.  g'night for today.

will

--
"it would be nice if god is mauve" -- Ken Chu