Sinister: don't let our youth go to paste

Emily Wilska wilska at xxx.net
Mon Mar 19 19:30:30 GMT 2001

Aloha.

So John Phillips (one of the Papas of the Mamas and...) has left this
earth.  Not a surprise, perhaps, but it still tugs at the heart strings
a bit, doesn't it?  If nothing else, the man had a way with words.

In other news, Kara Jean said

>I was always the bloody cheese, alone.

which, out of context, just seems incredibly sketchy.  I like it.

Thus spake Sister Disco:

>So when Stuart said to Mick, "play like Love" he could
have saved himself a lot of time and trouble by saying, "play like Herb
Alpert".

So, not to be contentious, but isn't it actually easier and quicker to
say 'Love' than to say 'Herb Alpert'?  I mean,  from a purely syllabic
perspective and all?

Jason de la Pickle (hi Jason!) noted

Why is everything cheap (in America) described as Scottish?

1)scotch tape
2)Scottish Inns
3) MacFrugal's (i swear there is a chain store called that here)

I would like to confirm the presence of the aforementioned MacFrugal's.
Bizarre but true.  Is this a California-only thing?

It should be noted, however, that Scotch, which is described as Scottish
(err, sort of), is not cheap.

Done with my excessive quoting and rambling for now.  In content-type
news, yesterday's Boston Globe magazine featured an article on
(shhhhhh!) quiet bands.  It's devoted mostly to Low and Mojave 3, but
B&S do get a mention.  Check it out at
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/077/living/Quiet_riot+.shtml.

Speaking of Low, is anyone planning to check them out when they make the
trek to San Francisco next month?  Also, I think Badly Drawn Boy is
rolling into town sometime soon.  Mmm mmm good.

Although I'm totally a week behind the times on this discussion, I'd
like to add my 2.5 cents on the sex songs discussion.  Am I the only one
who thinks Hefner's 'I Stole a Bride' is incredibly sexy?  It makes me
all squirmy.

Funny, this message seemed like it would be much wittier and more
interesting when I first started writing it.  Right, then.  As you were.

xo
Emily