Sinister: for stravinsky: rites of string.

lisa morrison athenaofme at xxx.com
Tue Mar 20 03:33:51 GMT 2001

jonathan howell said:
My Mum by contrast came out with the most ridiculous statement "You
shouldn't listen to that sort of thing in public, people will make
assumptions about your sexuality", I just laughed at her (she also said the
same thing about reading Oscar Wilde in public)

        my god man! what will people think of us if god forbid a bit of
MORRISEY filters out and onto the street from an open car window...?
"nueters", they'll whisper all hushed and eye suspicious, playing peeping
tom and trying to get a good look b/f the light flicks backs to green and
sends us off and out of ear shot...
       and what about bands like JOAN OF ARC...? all blip-blip and beeping,
whining semi-electronic under the safehaven title "emo"...what will people
think...? androgyny...for sure.
       i'll be sure to keep my headphones at a mouse squeak peeping...
and "picture of dorian grey" safely hidden behind a copy of "archie and
jughead"...(will they think i'm a dirty old perv if i read bukowski in
public, brier?) and i'd suggest all you boys and girls to do the same.

but then again...b&s has somehow become synonymous with "charlie brown" in
this tiny sector of terrible america...b&s (specifically b&s) has become
known as "charlie brown music"...somebody blurted it one day and it stuck
(who was it jessica? did rox coin the phrase?): "turn off yr goddamn charlie
brown music!" and they slip in a more widely accepted "bikini kill" and i
sit in the back seat and watch the scenery go past, head scratching and
thinking about Linus tinkling out "seeing other people" on that genius piano
of his, all safe and thumb-sucking with blankey. its picture perfect.  new
album: b&s do charlie brown. and you know it would work too, but no one
wants to admitt it...Linus was so very twee...and Charlie couldn't talk to
his dream girl, either...the similarities are rather shocking...somewhere,
somehow stuart and charlie must have crossed lines...i'm blaming it all on
Linus...never trust the silent ones...

stephen hewitt said:
  C'mon kids, get with the programme, shyness is soooo 90s.  I for one would
much rather read tales of random snogging than tales of missed
opportunities...

    you asked for it...so, i finally managed to seduce mr.billybartender
whose ohsosexy in that supergeek kind of way with his love of M*A*S*H and
his treefrog tattoo which he call by its scientific name: riggormortus
amphibien, or something dangerously intimidatng...so
finally, after false starts and him losing count of a handful of nickles and
"bashing melons" and amoung other curious incidences...
i'm standing in near the bar cutting limes. sexy with the knife. and he
likes the way i cut limes. it turns him on...i giggle up to him, nibble on
his ear when the other on-duty bartender isn't looking...the straw that
broke the camel's (or the treefog's) back...so he grabs me by the back belt
loop while i'm still knife in hand, drags me all flushed into the office and
i never put the knife down and didn't know what to do with it...and b/f i
know what's happening i'm back against the fake woodpanelling and billy's
mouth is against mine...suppose all the shifts of talking about licking beer
off of each other and how to give proper head, and
let-me-put-my-hands-conviently-HERE-so-we-can-pass-each-other-behind-the-bar-oops-was-my-hand-really-THERE
got to him...tales of success. lisa wins and she doesn't even wear contact
lenses...billy does.

-listdomlisa
             who plays piano like Linus.
                                                 kiki: i threw a coin in