Sinister: While my hair grows long....

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Tue Mar 20 04:40:03 GMT 2001

....civil wars will linger on inside of me.

No B&S dreams to report, but even better: a LIST dream.  I dreamt for some
reason that i went into McDonalds (something i never do-- really) and they
were serving Ribena.  They had to go into a special room in back to get it.
Since i've never had Ribena, or even heard of it before Sinister, i think
this qualifies as a List Dream.  And Sophie has promised me a crate of it in
exchange for suspicous minds.  A fair trade.

And: Brier is headed for Europe this summer, so tell them to widen the
sidewalks and change some of the laws for my impending arrival.  Can i call
a Sinister Meet-up in Paris in July?  We could meet at Jim Morrison's place
(down the block from Oscar Wilde).  I know Paris like the back of my wrist,
but if anyone knows anything about Venice, do tell.

And a special "welcome to the neighborhood" goes out to new ListVamp Jessica
and her fetish for Pickles.  Prince Jason, have you picked up on this yet???

It's ironic; I had the boo, she had the chronic, the Lakers beat the
Supersonics.

Velocity Girl:
Glad you got the package.  Hope it didn't disappoint.  There was a mix CD
that missed the boat, but it's coming together.

ListDom:
No, it certainly is NOT acceptable to be seen reading Bukowski in public.
Especially not in a parked car in front of the Junior High at 2:30 in the
afternoon.  Trust me.  You won't be able to explain your way out.
And I'm sure a thousand listees have already reminded you that it was
Schroder who tinkled those ebony & ivories while Lucy made furtive passes at
him.  Linus never played anything but himself, under that blanket.  But he
was always my favorite anyway.

Brier-sized props to:
*Blake, for reminding me of the gorgeous MagFields song "When You're Old &
Lonely" which he quoted on his website.  ("When you're old and lonely you
will wish you'd married me")
*Jason A., for turning me on to "T-Shirt Weather" by the Lucksmiths.  A
little James-y, but appropriate this week in Santa Barbara with our summer
now arrived in March.  A perfect b-side to "I Know Where The Summer Goes"
which rides at the top of my playlist as i scour the streets on my Vespa,
searching for her green battleship with the license plate beginning "4FER".
*The Pickle Prince for continuing to post, despite the fact that everything
he writes inspires a degree of backlash.  We are a sensitive lot, yes?
(Peter: I read it as a humorous tangent on your "sacred" mistype, not a
put-down.  No one but him noticed it anyway and the beauty of your post was
not lost).

In my backpack are poems to her, in a bright orange folder
I seem to sleep so well when her chin's on my shoulder.

That's all for me.  It was a good day.

~Brier