Sinister: She's PUTTING OUT on VINYL? God, what a doxy!

M. Curtin mecurtin at xxx.ca
Wed Mar 21 01:46:01 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I have to say this whole dream business has greatly interested me.  Only
because I've been having the strangest of dreams, though sadly few are
directly B&S related.  In one I had my left (sinister) arm shot off and no
one would take me to the hospital.  That was disconcerting.  Then in another
I was somehow the host of the now defunct CBC show "Ear to the Ground".
That was especially weird.  Even more so given the fact that this was the
same dream in which I had a torrid affair with Joey Jeremiah.  But I
digress...

Last night I dreamt I was reading yesterday's paper and I saw that I had
missed an Arlo Guthrie concert.  Aside from the fact that this makes no
sense whatsoever, I was crestfallen to say the least.  The funny thing was
that they had a picture of him by the announcement, and this picture looked
remarkably like Peacock Johnson.  THat is odd.  Especially since I began
convulsions on the matter and kept screaming: "Just ask Genevieve - that's
not Guthrie it's Johnson!!!!!!"  THis is bizarre, to say the least.

If you're still with me, you can read about my day of miraculous
coincidences.  If you're not still with me, then you're probably not reading
this part.  You see, I asked my roommate to wake me up early today.  She
didn't.  I woke up 5 minutes before class.  I was mad because I never miss
English, and also because I went well out of my way to do the HEAVY reading
for today.  I was so mad I thought I'd run to class anyway.  (I hate being
late...I would rather not attend normally).  I get there roughly 12 minutes
past 11 and I get a little freaked out because my prof's standing in the
hall.  I walk into class and everyone's dutifully filling out instructor
evaluations.  I didn't miss a thing.  It was good.

The only problem was that since we lost time for the survey, my teacher told
us we wouldn't be studying "The Wasteland" anymore.  I was ticked.  But then
I went to the mall because I needed to get my photos for applications (it is
degrading to go to a photo booth alone...really bad for the self-esteem) and
on the wall was this sticker with an Eliot quotation on it.  Bizarre,
n'est-ce pas?  Who goes around wantonly adhering obscure quotations on photo
booths?  Strange beyond strange.

THen i went grocery shopping and wandered into the kids area of things.
THey have all sorts of neat candy there.  Including Thrills - you know, the
Gum THat Tastes Like Soap.  I had to buy them because a week before in my
English tutorial I had a long discussion with this kid about how one never
sees these anymore.  And now I saw them.

FInal coincidence.   I walked up the aisle and saw a giant stuffed turtle
that I found utterly cute.  I coveted it for a while, and then two doxies
were making "get out of the way, bitch" noises at me so I moved into the
"cookware" section that really doesn't belong in any supermarket.  I was
attracted by these space age spatulas (spatulae?) so I went to look at them.
My eyes wandered and what did they behold?  A lonely display of Elvis
playing cards with my name on them (figuratively).  WHat a day!  Now I can
eat soapy candy and play Elvisy euchre - all thanks to two impatient little
wenches.

WEll, there you have it folks.   What a tale to be told.

Take care, etc.
Marybeth