Sinister: I could dance all nite like I'm a muppet (at AnTiciPate, plug plu g)

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 21 14:17:44 GMT 2001

Vel:

As April is the cruelest month, as we all know very
well, I guess the 1st Sinister picnic 2001 should be
on the 5th May, since it's a bank holiday etc...

Good plan vellybabes, I suppose the next question is Primrose or Greenwich?

Also, as was pointed out to me after my last post, the 28th is when
Trembling Blue Stars and Tompaulin are playing Oxford, so i think  it might
be an OxPicnic kinda day anyway (or at least a Pubnic)

Picklywickly:

I have created a whole new genre that I affectionately call "MUPPET MUSIC".

NONONONONONONO, muppet music is what 15 year olds with green hair and
stupidly wide trousers "dance" to, yer green days, yer offsprings, yer
snuffs etc, in my world anyway...

I do kind of know what you mean though, dancing a la grover, head back, arms
on imaginary sticks etc :)

PF:

I don't know. Is anyone gonna stick up for that LP
now?

I'll certainly stick up for FT (as a non-londoner maybe my view is more rose
tinted) although i do find MLIR sounds much more like L than PL, and wasn't
really the radical departure it was claimed at the time, especially some of
the more obviously shoegazy numbers such as OW...(discussion to be finished
in the queen vic, no doubt)

And speaking of the Queen Vic (seamless link ahoy), it's only two weeks (and
a little bit) til we board the train of fun and excitement for Camber Sands,
YAY!

And in case you hadn't heard, for those of you who will be in that London on
the Thursday night (ie the fifth of April), there is an evening of music and
dancing called AnTiciPate (do you see what they've done, do you?), Upstairs
at the Garage, 8 til 2, featuring djs from Strange Fruit, Tigermilking and
Mell Street Organisations (including various (ex)members of this parish) and
also Gav, King of Partick from Camera Obscura band.  It's only 2 squid, and
simply *everyone* will be there darling.

Details at http://www.mellstreet.co.uk (also lots of grate photos)

xoxo
CarsmileSteve