Sinister: instead of those lyrics why dont you try, "what id like is id like , to hug and kiss ya"

jmk43 at xxx.edu jmk43 at xxx.edu
Thu Mar 22 07:47:46 GMT 2001

i am very bored.  i have been only writing posts when i have had something
very relevant to say, and now i am writing just to occupy my time. i hope
this is not an abuse of the list or an offense to anyone.

so, now what do i do? hmmm. people seem tell anecdotes about things that
happen to them. well lets see, i actually dont know who is on this list,
so i may not be able to divulge information without getting into trouble
somehow. oh wait, i know how i can protect myself.... so i have this
"friend" who goes by the name of joey jo jo junior shabadoo, and he found
himself in a situation in which he had plooked the same girl that his
ex-girlfriend plooked the previous evening.  and i wonder to myself, has
anyone else in the world ever done this, or is joey jo jo the only one.
first you have to date a girl who is bi-sexual, then have her break your
heart horribly, blame it on depression when you know that its really
cause you suck, then have her become a lesbian completely, then have said
ex-girlfriend come back to visit you and other people years later, and
well, you get the idea i think. i dont think i can tell the rest of this
story without being horribly inapropriate.

does anyone know that conan o'brien bit where that british guitar guy
says, "inapropriate."  thats a good one. he pops up in my head to declare
instances in my life inapropriate many a times.

lets just say, hooking up with a girl while "the aids song" by ween is
playing, and your ex is looking on and you cant figure out who shes
jealous of is a weird situation for anyone to be in, even if your name is
joey jo jo.

joey jeremiah, eh? he was sexy. i can see why someone said they had a
crush on him. we're talking about degrasi jr. high right?

ok lets make up a word, "shnickle" now lets define it. a song has
"Shnickle" if it is easy to play, but sounds grate.  the more shnickle a
song has the greater the ratio of goodness to easiness.  clearly the song
with the most shnickle is "The Rollercoaster Ride" by some band that i
cant seem to remember right now. i think they might be canadian or
something, but anyway, to play said song all you have to do is play D and
G in a standard tuning, then when they sing "the rollercoaster ride" you
play A and G. then when they sing "of all the trouble kept her inside"
you go back to D & G.very easy song to play and also to sing along to. try it
you'll be surprised, and yet that song is damn sexy.  i must admit, even
though its against my nature, to feeling happy listening to that song while
looking out my window at a beautiful snow storm.  the snow was gently covering
the world with two feet of snow, and the world didn't seem to mind. ahh
happiness, such a bizzare and evasive emotion.

in trying to pin an emotion on the music of b and s, you see that its a
mix of saddness, awkward disturbingness, humour, and cynicism, all with
incredibly well written and cohesive music that gives you the  ultimate
feeling of, "eh, what are you gonna do. might as well enjoy it" so b and s
hits the nail right on the head with the philosophy of life being absurd
and sometimes horrible, but the best thing you can do is just go with the
ride and enjoy it by taking things with grains of salt and not dwelling
on the horribleness so much and laughing at the fact that your brother
announced that he was gay at the most inapropriate of times, at your
sisters wedding.

dear lord, what am i doing? im talking about life and stuff! i will stop
now, and will try not to get this bored again. i promise.
-jer

ps:why is everyone on this list so damn insecure?