Sinister: You thought there was love in everything and everyone, how nieve

tmalone3 at xxx.net tmalone3 at xxx.net
Thu Mar 22 10:13:10 GMT 2001

Dear Sinister,

I haven't written for a while, and when I did before my posts weren't
terribly important, relevent, or interesting.  Neither is this one, but
I felt like writing.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, I even called in sick to
work.  I feel so guilty, aren't I a geek?  My job is quite awful, I get
paid shit, yet I feel bad.  I'm really the perfect employee, no spine
whatsoever.  Hmm, oh well, I think I deserve the time off.

Well, somebody mentioned that they were tired of hearing about missed
opportunities, so I'd just like to report that the other day I stayed
after work a bit longer than usual to walk a girl home.  We got along
fairly well (she even laughed at my stupid little jokes), I think I'll
ask her to have coffee or something with me. I hate coffee, but I'll
stomach it for her, she seems to like it.  I think that counts as
taking an opportunity, no snogging, but still...

I'd just like to say that I think Beyond the Sunrise is one of the best
songs off FYHCYWLAP, along with Fought in a War and Family Tree.  I
liked the interpretations posted.  When I first heard it I thought it
was a biblical reference.  I miss-heard the line, "His eyes were sure
that heaven was not her scene" as "He was sure that heaven was not her
seed".  An alternate version of the annunciation or something.  I still
think it is an awfully pretty song.

The other day I went shopping and found some great stuff.  At one store
they had this almost life-size Crucifix (well, Christ was almost
life-size at least) that lit up, it was $300 so I of course didn't buy
it.  I also found a 'commie-kit' that had a record of the 'ode to
chairman mao' and a uniform from the days of mao.  It was a bit too
expensive too, but I thought it would be a great gift for my far too
patriotic friend.  Almost as great as the lighter that played the
communist anthem when you opened it.  Anyway, I ended up buying a copy
of the Looper 45, the new Kings of Convenience albumn (which is
great!), some pants (a little small, but thats ok, they were cheap), a
great shirt that is white, kinda western looking, and has snap buttons
 (including three on each sleave). All in all, a good shopping trip.
When I was crossing the street there was this very agitated man asking
out a completely terrified woman on the street. He kept asking why she
wouldn't go out with him, what was wrong, that he didn't mind but he
just wanted to know why.  I think he had faced a bit too much rejection
lately, but the poor chap needed to learn about tact.

hmm, thats all I have to say for now.  I need some sleep.

--
Tim