Sinister: Owwww ow ow ow

Mark J Ollerenshaw mollerenshaw at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 22 14:25:18 GMT 2001

I've just spent last night bleaching my hair. My scalp now feels like it
has
melted, and to compound the problem it looked awful so I had to run to
Superdrug
and buy some crazy coloured hair dye (I wasn't going brownish black
again after all
that trouble). I now have a purple head, which should please Jenowl I
suppose. It
worked fine last time though, so I suppose something odd has happened to
my follicles
betweenwhiles. Ho hum.

Follicles, now there's a great word that is very much underused.
Haphazard is another.

Am I rambling?

I am currently in a good mood however, as not only do I have tickets for
Radiohead in
Oxford, but one of my housemates for next year (who I have only just
met) commented on
my bus T shirt/flares combo. (That's as far as I can see the content
going this time).
This is a Good Thing.

I've been told I have a road test in a few weeks to see whether I'm
competent enough to
run the projector in the Union Cinema. This is not as simple as it may
sound - I've been
training for 6 months now and am only just beginning to get the hang of
it. There are too
many scary nobbly bits and buttons...

Anyone who has access to it (it's on the web I think, at
www.soton.ac.uk/~susu -> Wessex Scene link)
might be interested in a superb article in the latest edition of our
Student Union paper
describing in detail how to destroy that Toploader album that you don't
want to
admit to owning. Unusually I think our paper is run by people with a
modicum of taste and
indie snobbery (reviewing things like GYBE and A Silver Mount Zion)
which can't be an
entirely bad thing. I also enjoyed listening to Mark and Lard's snide
comments about
pretty much every nasty nasty pop record they played whilst waiting in
the barber shop.
Did they always do that, or have I only just noticed? Things have never
been the same since
the graveyard shift...

Hmmm. I might run off and hide now as I am definitely rambling. Thanks
to everyone who
mentioned Felt, by the way - I am suitably impressed.

Bye bye,

Mark O.