Sinister: I love it when a plan comes together

Mark Hester mark_e_hester at xxx.com
Tue Mar 27 19:39:04 BST 2001

Well, after consulting an inebriated sage in an Oxford hostelry and about
six telephone calls I finally tracked down my mate in Amman and so I shall
be jetting off to Jordan for two weeks on 14th April, the week after atp.
Calling Jordan from the UK on a mobile is a good way to use up one's credit
in one fell swoop.  Go forth and make not-so-cheap calls.....

Trembling Blue Stars and Tompaulin in Oxford....I thought I'd miss it, but
maybe I won't, as I discover that my plane back home from holiday lands at
Heathrow at 8.50 in the morning.  Good.  I suspect I shall have to get hold
of some decoffeenated caffeine to ensure that I stay composmentis until the
evening though.

I need to buy a hat, something with a wide brim which is more substantial
than a straw hat but not made of thick material either.  This'll serve two
purposes; as an identification aid at London Bridge Station en route to All
Tomorrow's Parties and to keep the sun off in Jordan.

Anyone been to Jordan?  Advice on where to go, what to do and what not to do
would be greatly appreciated.  Go to Petra and Aqaba and don't eat salads is
as far as I've got so far.

mArk