Sinister: Moving It South West

Clarke, Sarah J (EU) Sarah.J.Clarke at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 28 11:49:57 BST 2001

Hello!

I'm going to talk about decapitation today! It is related to list business,
because you would definetly leave a ...TRAIL OF DEAD(death), and since when
have they been unrelated to anything? Especially tunes?

So! Reading about decapitation on tube trains has made me feel a little
unsafe, sitting at my desk with neck exposed to the elements. I know it is
unlikely that a tubular train will rush through my office and tear open my
neck with harsh steel wheels exposing the raw sinew (as opposed to the
cooked sinew I have in my butties) to the acidic daffodill scented air of
the third floor, but still, it's not unreasonable to casually retain a hand
on your neck in caution, is it?

For the past ten minutes I have been shuddering whilst visions of wheels
slicing through my neck and my lifeblood splattering the filing system. Does
anyone else dwell on graphic visions of their distasteful death in unlikely
circumstances? I know a few of you dwell on thoughts of Isobel Campbell,
which I imagine to be just as distasteful, if less "tomato ketchup"
splattered. Actually, I could carry on and be even MORE distasteful but I
won't! Eww!! No don't worry, I am sure that listening to "Beyond the
Sunrise" or "The Gate" would be better than decapitation by tube train, no
honestly!

Was that a bit too morbid above? I don't really mean it. Just such an easy
target...You should know what I think about when I'm *really* bleakly
depressed, rather than just bored mindlessly. But there is hope. Bring it
on, lunch!

I didn't have a dream about BelleNSebastian but I had a dream in which
someone who has one of their records (ie me) popped up, so I'm going to tell
you about it. In the kitchen on Saturday whilst waiting for a party to start
"swinging", I told the gathered group of kitchen dream analysts. They say it
is a surprise that I have it together enough to leave the house. I only
leave the house because I have to work, I tell them. If I had an option I am
sure staying in bed all the time would be a life choice, if rather a
depresing one filled with bedsores... ah yes.

The main thing that happened was that my teeth fell out. Apparently in boys,
this is classic fear of castration. I am a girl. So then someone said it
means I fear lack of control and it represents my insecurities in the world.
I said they fell out whilst I was surrounded by my entire family. OH, you're
*really* insecure, they said.

AND the boy I'm currently over-obsessed with.

AND I was in my pyjamas, at a posh party.

And THEN my clothes started falling off, and I was trying to hold them up,
whilst holding half of my teeth and spitting blood! *gurgle*...

Then everybodys head exploded with the godammed symbolism of it all.

What do any pop psychologists here think? I'm reading "On Kissing, Tickling,
and Being Bored". I will consult.

Sarah
xoxo