Sinister: the city left you all alone

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Thu Mar 29 08:03:34 BST 2001

there are many places i could be, tonight, at the weekend, next week, but i
won't be.  because
a) i'm lazy and/or
b) my friends can't be bothered with me and/or
c) i'm paranoid

included in the places i won't be are london, glasgow and camber sands.
enjoy.

i'm listening to the kings of convenience album just now, which came in the
post this morning in the way cds do when you've got lovely/evangelical
friends.  as background music it's kind of bland, but if i go and lie on my
bed later and stare at the ceiling, as i may well be inclined to do, i
imagine it will kick in.  i'm in a horrible sad mood.

if i could be bothered to let it, the prospect of the todd solondz film
would cheer me up.  watching *other* people fuck up their lives to a
soundtrack of belle & sebastian is so much better, really.  happiness was
one of the great films of the last decade, no doubt.

oh, but there is good news.  congratulations jules and mike @-'--,---
is this like a blind date wedding, where honey has to make like cilla black
and buy a new hat?  i do hope so.  something in pink, with lace and
artificial flowers, preferably.

mayfly and dirty dream # 2, as well as tbwtas on the end credits, featured
briefly but quite prominently in teachers tonight.  shame the scriptwriter
doesn't have struan's way with words...

luv archel xxx

ps: grace's subject line, 'bisexual scrabble champions' made me think of my
ex-boyfriend, and that's probably as much information about *him* as any of
you need.

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com