Sinister: Born from an egg on a mountain top...

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Fri Mar 30 15:23:27 BST 2001

Hello Sinister!

I've got that Friday feeling and it's not even three o'clock and the sun
is shining and my dancing feet are twitching and I want to be outside!  I
hope it's sunny and kind when we're at ATP.  I haven't been to the seaside
for over a year, apart from a yucky trip to freezing, rainy Brighton in
January, which doesn't count because we had hot chocolate instead of Mr
Whippy.  And tonight I'm going to see the Aislers Set, hurrah!  And I'm
going to see them tomorrow too, hurrah!  This may be bordering on the
crazymadfoolish, but the gig tomorrow is free and there will be Troy beer.
 Honour the Troy!

Wanna hear about my latest Sinister dream?  Miss Honey was taking assembly
in my old school hall, wearing a well-cut tweed skirt (with a split right
up the back showing her fishnet stockings) and a cream, slightly
see-through blouse, a long string of pearls swinging from her neck and
half-moon spectacles resting on the end of her nose.  On every seat was
the delicate behind of a Sinisterine.  After Miss Honey had finished her
sermon on how we should all love our neighbours, she said "now, we'll sing
a hymn!" and lit up the overhead projector.  Above us appeared the words
to The Boy With The Arab Strap, written in green pen.  I was sitting at
the grand piano, so I started to play, my left hand going like the
clappers.  I looked up and all my friends were playing instruments too -
Ally96 and the Pinefox had guitars, Lixi was striking her glockenspiel
with precision and imagination, Mark C had a big pink double bass and
Sally and David Moore shook tambourines and their hips.  Chris Brown had a
woodblock, Martin had his hands wrapped around a pair of big round maracas
and Vel, Carey and Elena were special choir girls in special choir girl
outfits who could do the difficult harmony bits.  Handclaps were supplied
by *everyone*.  It was the only assembly I've ever been in where nobody
had to be threatened with a ruler if they didn't sing.  I'm not sure why
I'm dreaming things like this.  Maybe it's the sunshine!  And ATP in one
week!  Yay!

Are there donkeys at Camber Sands?

Juicy Lucy