Sinister: I never thought we'd get so good at feeling so bad.

Rinaldo Thatchez ryanbthat at xxx.com
Fri Mar 30 18:43:22 BST 2001

it's Friday and I'm in a silly kind of mood so what say we start off with a
little bit of content? I just bought FYHCYWLAP finally last week. I know,
you're thinking "what kind of fan is this guy?" but you have to understand
that no matter how deep my love for any band I always wait to hear the word
on a record before buying it. Not that other people are always right but
it's a little check I put in place to keep me from buying EVERYTHING. So,
anyways, due to fishyclap's sort of "least-loved, only for the dedicated,
acquired taste, definitely not their best but still better than other stuff"
reputation, I was holding out until I found a used copy. The verdict? I've
not yet acquired the taste.

A few days ago, Sweetie Something wrote:
and as we were passing the sherriff court the bus driver slowed to halt,
opened the door shouted at a passer by 'YOURE A HOMOSEXUAL!!!' and drove off
again
how strange

What would be even stranger (and infinitely more acceptable) is if the
driver's hurtful and malicious intent were not such a safe assumption. It
would be much funnier and more strange if it were just a simple, compulsive
observation, the equivalent of pulling over to someone just to shout,
"YOU'RE SHIRT IS BLUE!" or "YOU'RE BIPEDAL!" Although if the driver were
doing this it would probably be due to some mental illness, like tourette's,
in which case it wouldn't be okay to laugh at. At least not openly. More of
a snicker behind your book kind of thing.

And the primitive painter wrote:
Will this tape be enough to regain my crown from a certain ginger fox? as
the lovely laura llew's favourite tape maker , or was this just a plot from
her all along to get me to send more tapes?

Oh, she's playing us for fools, lads. I too am competing for that crown. I
had no idea that the painter and the fox were in the same race. No matter, I
feel a coronation coming on. Just by the way now, I have never registered a
list crush but the lovely Laura Llew is looking to be a fine candidate. I
love a manipulative woman. But you can never overestimate the value of
talking dirty, so don't count listdomlisa out either.

Back to an old subject: Men can indeed be dominatrixes (dominatrices?). I
don't know what they're called (dominator? a male aviatrix is an aviator)
but I read enough of my local sex columnist to know that their are plenty of
women (and men) who want to play submissive to a man. As far as getting paid
for it goes though, I get the feeling the market is much smaller and this
tends to be something that goes on between regular partners more than as
vocation. Scratch that off the careers list then.

Right now I am at work watching the seagulls out my window. There are often
about a dozen of them, just gliding and floating on the crosswinds that
collide between my building and the ones on the opposite corners. When my
day is going well I like to watch them and admire their flight, their simple
lives and their harmony with their artificial environment. It makes me feel
good. On other days, when things aren't going so well, when time is
dragging, they fill me with a crushing envy bordering on total despair. I
want to knock them out of the sky.

I feel the same way about bicycle couriers.

rinaldo

Laura Lleweth, your tape cometh sooneth.