Sinister: And the girl with colitis goes by...Lucy and this guy eat ions...

David Howie howied41 at xxx.com
Tue May 1 16:25:14 BST 2001

Note: I actually know Danny in “real life”; and this is not a sherricking
merely a gentle chiding welcome to Sinister.

Well, since the list-mummy is conspicuous by her/his (not had this much fun
since Dana International) absence, the lovely Katarina Karlson has offered
to design me a “Sinister Junior Reporter”’s t-shirt (that’s a medium, mind).
  As regards the boys from Hefner, I do wonder what songs they played: I
would be intrigued and greatly indebted if anyone (even you, Mr Farrell)
would furnish me with a set-list.  As for the 13th note being a “pretty
scary place”, I think he probably means “imposing imbibing-hole imbued with
drama and accentuated by history” which sounds a lot worse than a “pretty
scary place”.  I would reckon that the chance of seeing Stuart at the
aforesaid gig would have been pretty high.  The 13th note is meant to be (we
can only go on rumour) a favourite place of Stuart’s; couple that with the
fact that he is now producing Camera Obscura and we have 9 to 2 odds.
(Incidentally, the new Progwai Album, Rock Action, has Sleazy’s on the
cover).

Camera Obscura sound similar to B&S?  What in that they are Scottish?  I
need more description.  In what way do they sound like the Belles (the
Belles…)  Darren Hayman is a pretty nice guy.  I got talking to him at the
gig at the Garage in October and he signed my copy of Ant’s solo EP.  They
were all very welcoming and all of them happily signed the CD.  You gotta
love ‘em.  “We will laugh…”  Hehe.  McDonalds?  Ahhhh… Blaspheme.  Teehee.

Well, went to see “Songs from the 2nd Floor” on Sunday.  Very nice to look
at in parts; laced with some great social commentary (there’s a scene where
the economics advisors to a company are all sitting round a big desk and
they’re passing round a crystal ball. Teehee.  Just me again, then, eh?)  I
guess it has a pretty strong message to give “Blessed is the one who sits
down”.  That is, take a rest, get your head clear don’t try to do everything
at the same time as everyone else, you’ll only stunt your life, you’ll get a
lot further by actually thinking; enforced sacrifices blah blah blah.

Oh well, as for Baxendale’s albums.  Well, Helen’s actually got a rather
vast repertoire but for maximum irritating-public school-girl quotient go
for 1997’s “Eton Trifles”.  Err.  I mean.  Seriously, try
www.musicforgirls.co.uk.  Or even, here’s a novel idea, try one of this
city’s many wondrous music shops (I counted 8 just a minute ago).  I’m sure
you’ll be able to find them quite easily.  Quite why you’d want to I’m not
sure… Anyways, lectures n’all that.

Grease, Doves, Colostomy

David (Castlemaine)