Sinister: we kiss in his room, to a popular tune

James Thorniley james.thorniley at xxx.com
Wed May 2 21:34:50 BST 2001

Hi all,

Oh yay, picnic, hurray! I'm going, but don't let that stop you. Casarotto has
gone and organised a tigermilking the same day and I'm upset with him because
I can't go because I already have to go to a party and I can't get out of the
party because it's mine. I was 17 a little while ago and I have arranged to
have people over to my house to get drunk, yay.

The other good news in Belle and Sebastian are releasing a single. But wait,
it gets better - it's got the loneliness of a middle distance runner which is
a great song and the other b side is called "Take your carriage clock and
SHOVE IT", which is such a fantastic song title. jeepsternews actually
managed to inform me of all this (just) before anyone else, which is amazing
because they're famously crap, and it's even more amazing because I don't
remember signing up to jeepsternews.

The best news is me and Dafyd are going to see a band called belle and
sebastian in glasgow. I don't know how we'll afford train tickets,
particularly Daf who is flying across the ocean later on in the summer, I
wish I had the money to do that.

Just quickly now - are drugs twee? It's just a question, but you see I'm very
clean and I kind of like this girl who does a lot of pot...hmm.. No I'll stop
that story before I get all fey and pathetic on you like everyone hates. You
can make it up for yourself.. nervous boy.. pretty girl.. unrequited love etc
etc. Oh well. I think Belle and Sebastian should do a cover of "Just Say No"
by the cast of grange hill, because you shouldn't do drugs.

There seems to be a new wave of anti-smoking ads for kids or something here
in the UK. I keep seeing adverts on TV with kids doing "hard" stuff but not
smoking. Gawd. They didn't manage to stop me smoking (completely) and I'm an
obedient little boy. Suggesting that you go to under-18s nightclubs and
breakdance instead of smoking is hardly going to win over the hard kids, now,
is it.

Bye the way I'm a closet smoker please don't tell my mum. I don't really
smoke, filthy habit.

I'm going to stop before this gets long again because I'm sure no-one reads
very far down.

Byebye darling
James,

P.S. Lyric contest - song name and band for the subject line. I'm sure it's
too easy so I don't want entries but if you get it right think to yourself "I
know a cool song, which makes me cool, but I know the lyrics to it, which
makes me a sad music nerd", and make yourself a little prize, a cup of coffee
perhaps - you are still quite cool, we all get lyrics in our heads, it's not
really that bad.