Sinister: Picnics on Primrose Hill are cool

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Fri May 4 13:02:22 BST 2001

I'm getting all nausous with excitement about the picnic... well, it could
be more due to the fact that I drank after taking paracetomol last night,
but that's a different matter. I have checked train times, bought my picnic
food (apart from the ribena... which I need to dilute :)), got more film for
my camera and am all but ready. I can't believe there hasn't been more, I'm
like a kangeroo on LSD. I'm a little worried though, reports of previous
picnics seem to involve everyone having massive fun. I'm just not sure I'm
capable of it. I think I'll just end up sitting on the glass talking
bollocks while people fly kites and play football and staple each others
ears to trees, or what ever you people do at those gatherings. Oh, and I
don't like football much *covers head and waits for a response...*.

I was sitting in 19th Century English class today and, while we we studying
the poetry of some biggotted, ignorant asshole, I began to feel sad that the
wonderful poetry that is B&S lyrics will never be included in a poetry
anthology. Can we not count

"On a beach tree rudely carved
NC loved me
Why did she do is was she bored or pushed"

or

"Mayfly woken up when skies are clear
I don't mind you coming near
Keep me company till she comes along"

or even

"A mile and a half on a bus takes a long time"
The young Mr Feguson said...

as some of the best poetry ever written? Does it not represent, honestly,
intellegently and beautifully, the time we live in? Ah, but I'll end my rant
now.

<is radio one not a bit dull? they have just played
that bloody missy eleot song for about the billionth
time today. >

Well, my friend, it seems that listening to any comercial radio station in
non-London Britain during the day is likely to disappoint. Apparently in
America they are so concerned with the hermoginistion of the airwaves that
they're licensing pirate stations. Not bad really, considering they have the
great luminary G.W at the head of their country, hope they do something like
that here. I suggest that the only time radio 1 is really worth the effort
it take to listen to it is around 11p.m. on weekdays... for Johnny Peel.

So anyway, I'll go and think about the picnic. To anyone who is going to the
picnic... please try not to have too much fun on my behalf. We could all sit
round and play trivial pursuits and eat spam. Ah lovely spam.

Peter