Sinister: I didn't want to be a weatherman, I wanted to be... A Lumberjack!

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Fri May 4 13:34:23 BST 2001

Picnic day tomorrow. And in an amazing turn-up for the books, the weather
forecast is that it's going to be sunny! And warm (11 degrees)! Which means
we might not adjourn to the pub until, ooh, 5 o'clock...

Of course, we'll drink a toast to all the Sinisterines in other parts of the
world who can't make it. And then we'll drink a toast to Sinisterines who
could make it. And then we'll drink a toast to non-Sinisterines, whether
they could make it or not. And then we'll drink a toast to anyone we haven't
drunk a toast to yet. And then we'll just drink.

People who will be going tomorrow: for those who don't know, it was decided
a couple of years ago that, so that we could recognise other Sinisterines,
we should each wear a (preferably B&S) badge upside-down for identification
purposes.

People who haven't been to a picnic before should also be aware that it's
traditional to turn up in fancy dress.

Unfortunately, last weekend was the best weekend of the year for me, since I
went with two coachloads of students from around the country to Holland for
the weekend for a korfball tournament, from which I'm still recovering
(getting back from the party at 5am, and starting drinking again, despite
having to get up 2 hours later to start the day's matches...). Anyone who
isn't from the UK won't have a clue what it means to Mint! an entire Sports
Hall full of sleeping people en masse from the balcony at 5.30 in the
morning, but believe me, it's fun.

Anyone who isn't from the UK might not know what it's like to spend an
entire week hungover, but believe me, it's not fun.

To be fair, I have had a superb week, but this wasn't it.

In other news, my life has been infinitely improved now that we know which
hospital Isobel was born in.

I would also like to be the first to boast about having received an advance
copy of the new single "Eric and Tarquin", and how great it is.
Unforunately, I'd be lying.

Big Stu

PS Is Nottingham's "The Long Island Iced Tea Cafe" the worst name for a
nightclub ever?