Sinister: methodological confessions

Ruth A. Deller Ruth.A.Deller at xxx.uk
Fri May 4 13:48:13 BST 2001

King Ken of the Red Bulls said:

>Writing long dissertations for a hobby is sad, even writing long
>dissertations not for a lobby is still sad

But what I want to know, is writing long dissertations about Sinister et al for
academic purposes (or even porpoises) sad?

Cos if so...thanks a lot, Ken.

I handed the beast in (all 117 pages of it - times 2) on Wednesday, after
spending the best part of twenty quid on the printing (grrr) - and celebrated
by buying TBWTAS and Cliff Richard's greatest hits.  (True)

I want to publicly thank everyone who helped (big mwahs all round) - and yes,
you have got a thank you credit (especially Mikey, Jules and Honey - and Vel
for always asking me how it was going).

And yes, sadie is mentioned in it a few times (how could I resist?) although my
own infatuation is, erm, mysteriously absent.

Am planning to go to the B and S Offbeat night (if I get off my butt and buy
tickets) so the first listee to spot me ('cept mikey and jules whom i've
promised a free drink to at some point) will get bought a free pint of
something cheap and tasteless.

I can't tell you my marks or upload the thing or anything right now, so don't
ask me yet!!!

Have a billion and one other assignments to be on with, but you are free to
discuss whatever you like - my beady eye may still be watching, but not for any
academic purposes.

I only joined this place for study but I've become fond of you all - and of B &
S whom I didn't really bother about before.  The Cliff fans are pretty sweet
people, too.

So much for neutrality