Sinister: Look out, Mrs Persil !

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Fri May 4 15:49:58 BST 2001

Alasdair fits lots of people's names into his posts, which is
something I never manage. He's very funny too. I think he should
post more often.

> Robin said he'd applied to be a weatherman. Is this anything like
> the time he was forced into the inventing trade?
> And did he invent anything?

I don't know if I ever said or not, but at the time I had lots of
suggestions for inventions from helpful Sinister folk. The best idea
was Kevan Cooke's device for rescuing plectrums when they fall
into guitars. In the end, though, I had to confess to Jerry Singer that I
was a cheap fraud, an inventing tart, and he stopped phoning as
mysteriously as he had begun. Oh, I don't suppose anyone
understands this, try searching the archives for "Jerry Singer". His
voice still haunts my dreams.

As for the weather on Primrose Hill, a sinister front forming from all
directions will mean it's sunny, of course. Further down the road it
will rain and a monkey's uncle, blown by his powerful bottom wind
from his tree in da jungle, will land on the face of Mrs Persil who
lives at number twenty six. But at Primrose Hill the weather will be
peachy.

I also predict that someone, whose name begins with R and has
just had a haircut, will bring a cake that tastes better than it looks.
Honestly it does.

Robin.