Sinister: A Rather Big Disappointment

Histrianic at xxx.com Histrianic at xxx.com
Fri May 4 16:26:07 BST 2001

hmm... hello sinister...  I hope you are all doing alright in this weather.  I, for one, have been extremely frustrated and upset by this weather.  My school has ruled out tank tops and halters from our dress code, so I survive by dressing in a gigantic shirt that is very comfortable and thin and cargo shorts.

I suffered a rather big disappointment today morning.  My crush (yes, the one who knows of Belle and Sebastian's existence) has a girlfriend.  Still unconfirmed, but enough to turn me off for the time being.  Oh well, he's still a cool person, I hope we can be better friends...

Incidentally, does anyone have the tab to ....and carrot rope by pavement?  It's such a great song, I would like to be able to play it on the guitar, but due to my lack to talent and experience on the guitar, I can't figure out what chords to use..

On the other hand, I have started to write a play of random incidents that have happened to me.  But I have run out of ideas.  If anyone has funny or random, odd anecdotes (do not have be based on truth), please let me know.  One of the scenes go something like this:

SASHA jumps on stage holding an Amazon.com box, starts ripping apart the box, and takes out two CDs.

SASHA:  Look!  I got new CDs!
IZA: (groaning) Oh God.  More.
SASHA: What?  They’re good CDs.
IZA: Who is it?
SASHA: The Amphetameanies and the Clientele!
IZA: My point exactly.
SASHA: Hey!
(continues ripping open CD wrapper)
IZA: (looks up) The tree has been hitting me randomly today.
(SASHA hits IZA with a box)
IZA:  That’s not the tree.  (DAVID and PETER pass by in the background)
S: Yes, it is.  It’s essentially made out of the same material.
I: (sarcastic) Right.
S: (hits IZA again)  The tree doesn’t like you too much.  (hugs box)
I:  The tree doesn’t like you too much either, my friend.
S: Sure it does.  See?  I’m hugging it right now and it’s not running away, so it must love me.
I: (blows up) That’s so stupid!  That’s like putting a dog on a leash and saying that it loves you because it’s not running away!
S: Well, if the tree was repulsed enough by my display of affection for it, it would somehow find ways to escape my touch.
I: No, it wouldn’t, because it CAN’T.
S: Are you trying to deny that evolution happened?
(Lights dim)

For some reason, when I re-read what I've written, my words tend to become extremely stupid, even to myself.

Is this list abuse?

Uh.. Belle and Sebastian.  Kings of Convenience listen to them, you should, too.

Can anyone recommend some good albums for me to listen to?  (and which one of the 6 pavement cds should i start off with?  has anyone listened to the new steven malkmus cd?  is it good?)

Thank you for listening to me babble.

Love and kisses
Hye Min