Sinister: SINIST*R SWELLS IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Sun May 6 02:42:12 BST 2001

hello folks

**SINIST*R AUCKLAND CHAPTER SWELLS**
Yes, as of 3:40pm, there will be another Sinist*r listee in Auckland, as one
Mr Sean Hopson arrives in Auckland to travrl up north to be a doctor for 7
months. Hope he's nice ..... I'm picking him up from the airport in a
couple'o hours.

**MUSIC**
Love it.
Well, of course we *all* do, but right now I'm going through a big 60's kick
and I'm just buzzing out on great music. Current high-rotates include "Pet
Sounds" (an oldie but a good, introduced to me about 5 years ago on the s/t
of the wonderful Mike Moore film "Roger and Me"), "Forver Changes" (mmm ...
with bonus tracks), "Odyssey & Oracle" and "Singles As & Bs" by The Zombies,
as well as "Music From Big Pink" and "The Band" by The Band. Damn its good
...... It's funny, I really liked 60's music when I was about 12/13, being
too cool/uncool (delete as appropriate) for chart fodder like Def Leppard,
Bros etc. The I got into The Pet Shop Boys and took a kicking for it ('"Pet
Shop Fags more like ...." they taunted). Then came an extremely short lived
Christian Rock phase ... I don't know if anyone else went though that ...
along with the perils of youth group and all ... but the music was pretty
laughable on hindsight. But it made me feel a little less evil. And then I
discovered REM circa "Green", and the Bob Dylan, and it was He who I
listened to almost solely for about 3 years, until I heard The Smiths at a
party in '92. It it was all uphill from there. But I still love Bob Dylan
and The Pet Shop Boys .....

So anyway, where the hell am I going with this.

That's right.

Anyone following my "adventures" this last yea of so will know I'm getting
married in November. We (Vanessa & I) want prerecorded music (versus Organ)
at the Catholic ceremony. I'd likeyour suggestions.

For the bit when everyone is sitting around when we sign the register, have
it witnessed etc. we're going to have Nick Drake's "Northern Sky", and when
we depart the church we'll have "Wouldn't it be nice" by The Beach Boys.

But ......

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A SONG FOR WHEN VANESSA COMES DOWN THE ISLE?
No silly sugestions please.
A good song which is either
a) short
or b) easily editable into a short segment to use. Say a minute to two
minutes.
I'd really like any suggestions anyone can come up with.

Other stuff ... saw "The Gift" last night, along with Katie Holmes' breasts.
Not what I was expecting (the breasts, not the film) Cate Blanchett is
great, she'll be ACE in "Lord Of The Rings".

Well, off to the airport.

hope all is well,

Lawrence Mikkelsen