Sinister: i am the one who's making do.......

john john john88john88 at xxx.com
Sun May 6 10:06:53 BST 2001

hi,

what a mess...
i managed to cry myself to sleep last night.  that's the first time it's
happened in a number of months.  i think i needed it too..

it's silly..
someone i haven't even met before is moving somewhere else.  it probably
means that i won't hear from them again.  but last night, i could feel my
heart shattering. the concept of not being able to talk to them again
(they're absolutely amazing) was hard enough, but they're moving to some
place that i want to go to.  more than any place i've ever wanted before.
even more than those big pools filled with those wee foam balls.

so i was left in tears last night. i think it might've been ok, but for one
sentence.

"if i don't see you again, enjoy the rest of your life"

that's what triggered everything off. i didn't want to have to think about
stuff like that. but there's more.

i was at this barbeque yesterday, in honour of my friend who is going to the
army on tuesday.  he's only a few weeks older than me, but he's going away
to start the rest of his life. the only other young people there had already
left school, and are going away themselves soon. it seems as if i'm the
person being left behind, to rot away in the north of scotland for the rest
of forever.

his dad came up from anpther part of scotland. all that way, just to give
him a hug & to see his face light up when he receives the father's present.
i was so moved. i've known this friend for 12 years, and that was the first
time i'd ever met his father.

so i woke up this morning, hardy being able to see. the tears must have
dried up in my eyes or something.  but i feel so much better.  like
breathing the air after a huge downpour, especially if there's been
lightning. the air's so pure, & it smells gorgeous. anyway, that's what i'm
feeling just now.

eek, this is a bit too thick for a mailing list.
i appreciate it though if you read this.
*hug*

x x x

p.s. everyone should download the Red Bull Doser's 'Me & a Dream Bubble'.
i've never heard such a gorgeous song for ages.