Sinister: None of this would have been possible without...

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sun May 6 14:22:50 BST 2001

Hello one and all.

I’m just writing to say hello and say thank you to all the people at the
picnic and at Tigermilking. I had a great time, and I was worried before
that I might not, what with my knee being shagged and all. But the
picnic/pub was fun, picturesque, and seeing famous people for the first time
was genuinely exciting – I mean, meeting KenPYC after all this time, and
then (gasp) Honey! I was a bit of a groupie to Honey at the end of
Tigermilking – I went up to him and basically said thank you for setting up
the list, and being mum to all of us, and I think he thought I was a drunken
fool. Honey, I wasn’t drunk, I was just trying to sound grateful. Oh well…
Oh yeah, and Coxon and Quaye were amusing too, even if P. Carter couldn’t
seem to utter either of their names below a volume of about a million
decibels. Rumour has it that Steve Mason from the Beta Band and the Aphex
Twin were spotted at Tigermilking, but left because there were too many
i!n!d!i!e!p!o!p tunes, and not enough metal-feedback wankery*. Ho hum…

Anyway, thanks to all I spoke to, and whose DJ sets I had the pleasure to
witness: Lucy Alder (WHAT A SET!), Cazza, Big Stu, Carter, Robert Smith,
Eric from NY, **little** HannahB (wahey!), PF, davidstrangestrange (nice
bix) and lots of other people who were there whose names escape me at this
moment in time…

Right then, I shut up now because this is sounding like the fuckin’ Oscars…

Love to all,

S.x

*I love the Beta Band and Aphex Twin – that was not a dig at either band.