Sinister: I thought Stuart Murdoch was a good person

Alexander Bartilson alexander.bartilson at xxx.com
Mon May 7 13:04:46 BST 2001

Hi you lovely people,
I'm very envious of everyone who's going to the concerts in Scotland.
I really hope B & S will come to Sweden (cause that's were I live, duh).

I'm really enjoying the mails that appear on this list. I'm starting to
think that maybe this list houses some of the coolest people in the
world. But that's just me...

Anyway, a friend of mine raised a question a couple of days ago. It's
about who the predecessors of twee are. He said Simon & Garfunkle and I
had a really hard time arguing with that. What do you think?

How come the B & S songs with the strangest name always are
instrumental. I mean last year we were wondering why Judy was a dick
slap but we never found out why cause the song turned out to be
instrumental. And this year they are releasing "Take your carriage
clock and shove it" and we all ask why (why you should take your
carriage clock and shove it, not why they're releasing the single) ?
But guess what, I listened to the song from the Glasgow gig and you
know what, it's instrumental. It might not be on the single but it sure
looks like it. Are they doing that just to tease us? If that is the
case they are certainly very successful.

Anyway, hope you're all great.

///Alexander