Sinister: 84 sitting, 8 standing

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Mon May 7 16:58:12 BST 2001

hello

The London picnic was especially tasty. I think I was most pleased
to meet so many people who I'd never met before, including some
who'd only been on the list a few weeks. I don't think they realised
what a seedy world of tweeness and betwetting they were letting
themselves in for. The music at Tigermilking was, of course,
fantastic, and I did more dancing than I ever did at ATP.

So hi to everyone I spoke to. I won't say names because I'll only
leave people out, but it was delightful.

On the way home I lost my brand new sleeping bag on the tube. It
was quite distressing. I don't have much hope of ever seeing it
again. As we sat in the train back to Nottingham, it was probably
taking part in a controlled explosion.

My mum says I've got a letter from the Met Office asking me to go
for a screen test. Oh god, I'd better start learing about the weather.
What exactly is a warm front? How many degrees Celsius to a
degree Farenheit? Has it been cold this year, or is that just our
central heating playing up again? They said I'm not allowed to wear
anything blue, so after toying with the idea of painting myself
completely blue, so I'd just be a couple of floating eyes and a
mouth, I went into town and bought a purple shirt.

On the bus on the way back, room for 84 sitting and only 8 standing,
the man next to me was wearing hearing glasses, but his hair was
so long and thick that it filled his earholes so he couldn't have heard
anything. I don't know why he bothers wearing them.

Robin x