Sinister: I am the best

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Tue May 8 13:20:57 BST 2001

matchmaker.

*** Warning, this will probably be the longest e-mail I ever write to this
list and most of it's rubbish/things other people have already said/things
people who didn't go to the picnic will have no interest in***

Well, I went to the sinister picnic and, I must say, I have never met as
group of more intellegent, interesting, diverse and downright friendly
people. Way to go you. I'm currently considering coming down from Blackpool
for the last one... if I can. I'd recommend anyone going, it's the best
experiance I've had since my first GYBE! concert (magical).

I went back to college, and everyone I met asked "How did it go", to which I
replied "It was terrible...  *long pause while I recieved hugs, sympathy
etc*... it was full of Belle and Sebastian fans". One person even replied
"Well, what did you expect!?". Ah, I love my friends.

Ok, from start to finish.

Well, I got on the tube to Kings Cross (changing for Camden Town) and saw a
girl in flares, a woolly jumper, with headphone of and a bag of picnic
stuff. I asked her if she was going to the picnic on primrose hill, to which
she replied "No" and ran away.

I got the the Odion about 13:45 and met up with a few sinisteries. All of
whom seemed pretty damn great. Much kudos to Hannah for meeting Graham Coxon
and the guy from the tindersticks... and bringing the super 8 camera, we
await the results. Any chance of posting it in realplayer format and a huge
.mpg? I'm a big fan of low speed downloads for film, realplayer sreams are
just downright unwatchable.

The picnic on primrose hill was also brilliant. As was tigermilking. I was a
little disappointed with some, but that's just me being a maul content,
because it was actually the best music I'd ever heard in a club. The whole
atmousphere was wonderful, the entire place singing along to the rude bit in
LLPJ. Erm, thanks to Rob for getting me those drinks I still owe him for,
and Robert Smith, for giving me a lot more confidence in my own opinions,
and generally being interesting. Oh, and at tigermilking I did a great bit
of matchmaking. HannahB, and that Sam guy from Nottingham, were obviously
made for each other, and I figured that the two deserved a little bit of
happiness. And by the end of the night they were together thanks to me. I
think I scared The Boy G, with my constant 'How much do you love me!?'
comments to the pair, so I'll shut up about it now.

I think that's about it about the picnic, other than the fact that I also
did the whole honey groupie thing. I was a little drunk though, though not
as much as I deserved to be, given the amount I drunked. Oh, and many many
many thanks to Eric for putting me up AND finding by mobile. You're a star.
Hopefully I'll be able to get into contact with my lovely Kara soon, before
she disolves in her own tears thinking I've deserted her.

Ok... on Sunday I went out again. This time to my union. It was full of
drunken rugby players who decided to strip halfway through the night. The
word for the day is inches, and the number is 2. Anyway, one of my friends
had his friend down (called Joe), who is also in a band who are great (Fear
of Drugs), and I ended up getting on really well with him. We then proceeded
to scare the shit out of a girl called Beth by screaching very loadly to the
chorus of 'Maria', at witch point she got really annoyed and said "You're
ruining this song", so I said "You love me really" and she said "I'm not
drunk enough to say that" and scowled. I followed this up by singing along
to the chorus of 'It's raining men' with 'It's raining rain'. Which amused a
few people, pissed off a few more and annoyed Beth even more.
Later in the night me and Joe drank several Sidekicks, following up quickly
by throwing the empty containers into a corner and shouting 'Damn your
eyes'. Which was fun.

On a totally unrelated note, I have decided to join the capitalist ranks
with my own line of t-shirts. Possible ideas for slogans include '.........
and only Kevin Costner can save the world.', 'My radiator is leaky', and the
complete Great Western Trains emergency instruction. I am not letting the
fact that everyone consulted made it perfectly clear that under no
circumstances would they buy these items. I'm looking on it as a challenge.

Peter