Sinister: Splashy picnics and the pizza debacle

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106 at xxx.uk
Tue May 8 21:55:29 BST 2001

Hmmm, where to start.
It has been a busy week for me and I'm feeling weary now, only Drumstick
lollies and csndy sticks are keeping me awake, but i must must report on
events.

YORK PICNIC

Most of you probably don't realise, but this took place on the very same
day as your own fair Primrose Hill event. We had no kites (although we
watched someone else flying one) no football and no Tigermilking, but we
did have a great time. I can imagine Lucy sniggering as she reads that
there were only 11 of us, but i think it was the perfect number! There
were enough to make for vibrant sing song and conversation, but not to
many so as to leave some poor shy soul stranded on their own, drowning
in a deep sea of inaudible chatter. The sun shone bright and the daisies
looked lovely as we tucked into our party rings, ribena and that very
english delicacy, the jaffa cake.
After the initial quiet while people decided they didn't know anyone and
didn't have anything to say, the party picked up. I was rather pleased
at the quality of non Yorkites who turned up. There may only have been
three, but James managed to get from Leicester, Jules from Newcastle and
Ryan from Illinois, sort of. Rachel and Feather Boa kindly provided a
guitar, which was played for the most part by Mr. S.Hallifax, and I
provided album sleeve lyrics and a small violin accompaniment.
Everyone sang very nicely, especially Gina, Jules and the quiet singer
next to me.
When it got cold, we went into the bar, ordered a pizza and dispanded to
allow Chris, Stuart, Feather Boa, Dangerous Mike, Rachel and myself to
go and cover Is It Wicked Not To Care?
Sinister picnicsa are hard to leave though, and before long James was
back wanting a room to stay in because he'd missed the last bus/train
back to Leicester.
It was a lovely day, thank you to all who turned up.

PADDLING AROUND ASTRID

On Sunday I went to Astrid at Fibbers, who were absolutely brilliant,
almost as brilliant as meeting Splash from support band The Asylum
Seekers, a sinister member and long time fan.

PIZZA DEBACLE

Now Stu D is no longer in Belle And Sebastian and what with Peacock
Johnson's law suit, he needs a bit of extra cash. I never thought i'd
see him working for Ali's Kitchen delivering pizza though!
A skinny moussy man whith a whispy beard and wooly hat delivered my
pizza the other night, and I was sure it was him, then tonight, as I
walked up to this very room, I saw him again, and he was speaking with a
wee Scottish accent!

That's all I have to say about that.

Chris Jones.