Sinister: Scottish English Thai

oooon at xxx.com oooon at xxx.com
Wed May 9 14:13:55 BST 2001

Hello everyone,

I just see this mail from Karen.  i laugh for at least five minutes
(see below) thank you.  i'm sorry if there's been mail
about this already.  (i have to read mails randomly, my computer
is currently dead. and lucky to see this one)  those lovely
words were from such distant past that at first i let it past.
until the word 'pish' come up.

either i've been scottish all along without knowing myself or
Mr.Farley is testing a theory on language development, they are
not quite scottish english, are they?  i think it's back when b&s
came to chat with the list people the first time and Stu D left
saying something like 'this is pish, i'm going now" and honey
ask me how to say those words in Thai.  then it got stuck at
the end of list mail, much to my merriment.  anyone want rude
word translate to Thai, please don't hesitate to contact me,
free of charge.

i miss the list mail.  but i've learnt to live without computer.
very relaxing.  i'm sorry if i've not been writing to some one.
or late.  everything in my computer is all gone in a non-returnable
way.  friends please write something so i can have email address
again.  otherwise, we shall probably be severed until death do us
apart.  not an unattractive idea for some of you i feel.  anyway...
Lawrence who is getting married in the south of the globe, i propose
God only knows, for the part you ask.  in fact, anytime anyplace
anywhere is not too much for this song.  and it's short too, is it
not.  i love love this song but not quite remember it.  definitely
make the best wedding theme still!  Congratulations to you and your
wife!

unsolicited Thai news for this month:  we have an elephant orchestra.
in fact, we have been having them for a few months now at least.
in fact, i might have said this before, and naturally not remember.
but nevermind, it's good enough to say again.  an elephant
orchestra that we have compose of a human violinist, a dozen or
more of elephants playing various string, druming, blowing instruments.
i don't know how they do it either.  but they do!  they make perfectly
orchestrated sound of music.  not exactly western normal instruments
though.  it's bigger, of course, to make it easier for them to play.
and made of big chunks of woods, mostly.  it's more traditional Thai
instruments.  but they're sooooooooooo cute!  standing in the field,
surrounding the violinist, playing their things, looking extremely
concentrated.  far more entertaining than seeing B&S playing, if you
ask me.  me who can not go to see b&s play.  they will release an
album too.  or have.  i suspect that normal won't carry it.  and
it's a bit odd to go ask for an album by a bunch of elephent and
a violinist.  speaking of violin, tv have a music teacher showing
his new invention, a violin made from bamboo, which he called
Bamboolin.  isn't that pretty name?  speaking of tv, there's new
japanese tv called "The room".  in which they show a room and some
details of the room to a bunch of people and they will guess who
the owner does for living, what they are like, etc.  god only
knows what i'd be without tv.  japanese tv is the best!
speaking of tv, ..i'm only kiding really.  i'm not going to speak
of anything anymore.  until next time.

a nice day to you all,
oon xxx