Sinister: Octopus should not be eaten semi-raw.

Jonathan Howell ojh9 at xxx.uk
Fri May 11 01:53:42 BST 2001

No indeed... and this goes for many other foods too.  As for the octopus...
yuck yuck yuck.  It was all oily (having been fried) and really was half
raw.  All the cool kids were doing it, and I caved to peer pressure.  I
think that the dubious decision to add beer to the pan as it fried was quite
silly really... right then.  The odd thing is, I really didn't realise that
I was drunk until the next morning when I woke feeling slightly delicate.

THE ABERYSTWYTH PIC-A-NIC: was a roaring sucess.  Everyone who went really
enjoyed it.  Of course none of them but me knew it was a sinister picnic.
That's right, I made my friends go on a picnic.  Yes, so admitedly they'd
been lured their under false pretenses, to them it was just a picnic
(nothing sinister about that) ... well actually it wasn't even that, just a
group of us sharing chocolate digestives and watching the sun set over
Constitution hill...  That was the best I could do.  I enjoyed it anyway.

YOU'RE KISSING YOUR ELBOW:  This has probably come up before at some
point... but In the shower the other morning I was singing happily, and
discovered that it is in fact impossible to kiss your elbow.  The closest I
can get is to kiss my elbow-pit.  In my early morning state I briefly
thought maybe I should kiss my elbow's reflection, but realised that you can
only kiss your lip's reflection.  It's true you know (of course, I don't
think that the song is actually about kissing a mirror anyway, I was just
working on a literal level for a time).  Anyway, I hope thet you all try
this out, and if anyone is flexible enough to manage it, then please let me
know. (I'm hoping that no-one really wants to see a picture of my elbow, it
would be a little silly to post it to the site now, wouldn't it... wouldn't
it really).

TAKE YOUR CARRIAGE CLOCK AND SHOVE IT: is in fact NOT an instrumental, at
least not the version on the single.  A promo copy landed in the office the
other day, and I promptly scooped it up.  I think I probably made some odd
noise as I did so.  I the ran all the way back to my halls happily. I was
excited.  Lovely. When I went back to the office later, comment was made
about how none of them had seen me looking that excited/happy before.

JONATHAN AND DAVID: Is actually called Jonathan David (no and, & or +).
It's a song about crushes
 and unrequited love.  The Jonathan/David thing is really a metaphor for the
interaction between two people, there's not really a biblical aspect to it.
The line the title comes from "I was jonathan to your david" is probably a
biblical ref, but I'm not too up on the bible... can anyone help me out
there?  David slew golliath and became king right?  Who was Jonathan (in
relation to him)?  (I should probably know, it is, after all, my name)
Anyway, It's love, pure love.  I'm quite happy about that to be honest...
Love works well for me.

Hope that you're all very well and having a great time.

Love...

Jonny.

"No talkin', Bailey's walk."