Sinister: I've packed a change of clothes and its time to move on

Mike K dontloveanyone at xxx.net
Fri May 11 03:02:40 BST 2001

A big cheery its-almost-winter-here hello from brazil,

All this talk of picnics makes me rather jealous. I can't remember last time I actually went to a picnic but it must've been ages ago. The talk of gigs also makes me want to swim up to Scotland, but me and a friend (hello Pedro) are trying to plan a vacation trip up to the London, maybe, to see a gig. Far from set in stone, you see, but i'm really hoping.

Apparently there was a duo called David et Jonathan, i'm assuming French. They did a song calledLovers of the World Unite, apparently in 1966. They also do a song called Michelle; by the time i'm done writing this mail it should be done downloading so i'll find out if its a Beatles cover or not.

The Little Black Fox fable was very very pretty. Thanks for that.

Well, Michelle's done, and it is a Beatles cover. Rather odd, too, but kinda nice.

I felt rather twee this afternoon when watching the young'ins at school perform Annie the musical (i worked the curtains: its fun until the ropeburn kicks in) and near the end i was nearly in tear-shedding mode. I dont think it was the actual play, just that it was really nice to see the kids all having fun and...well, being kids.
Except, of course, for this kid who played the butler. He acted all tough and tried to stir up trouble backstage. I hope he doesnt grow up to be a hard kid, because i have a feeling he'd be rather good at it.

Lately, i've been listening to a lot of Death Cab for Cutie, and I second whoever recommended them (i think it was Mr. Peter Carter); they are indeed very very good.

My headphones broke this morning so on the bus home i had to listen to Boy With the Arab Strap, Right Channel remix. Terrible things happened*, like Stuart David speaking alone with just a drumbeat in A Spaceboy Dream.

Weezer's swinging through London early July, for those of you who don't hate them.
My friend's stepdad's british and, judging from his copy of an English newspaper, your crossword puzzles are very very difficult.And on that note, i'll depart...

I love you all
Mike K.

* a brownie point to anyone who caught that one