Sinister: Take Your Carriage Clock To Paradise...

Stuart Flanagan stuartf1 at xxx.com
Fri May 11 14:16:56 BST 2001

On hearing "Take Your Carriage Clock.." for the first time I was quite
surprised how similar it is to the 70's easy listening fave (I've Been To
Paradise, But I've) Never Been To Me.  I can't remember who released the
original, but  think it was on Motown in the mid-70s, when they had too much
Lionel Ritchie and got decidedly sloshy.

Has anyone told Stuart Murdoch about this, and perhaps more urgently,
instructed his team of lawyers?!

At least "...Middle Distance Runner" sounds absolutely divine, and good to
see they're still taking risks by releasing an A-side in the minor key.

Stuart