Sinister: Issues

Histrianic at xxx.com Histrianic at xxx.com
Fri May 11 23:23:26 BST 2001

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and she talked of a shirt she had wanted to get a couple of years back.  It was a tee-shirt, that said "I have issues" across the chest.  I thought it rather funny.

Today I cried, because I was upset.  It was rather disappointing to know that I wasn't as strong as I thought I was, but it was kind of nice to be able to admit to the fact that I was upset, too.  Anyway, I stopped crying 2 minutes before class and went to class red and puffy-eyed.  But no one asked how I was, so I hoped no one noticed.

Belle and Sebastian.  I wrote Mick Cooke incessantly long, annoying emails saying 'come play in New Hampshire, because I'm a poor girl, nobody loves me, I'm just a poor girl from a poor family... and I want to see Belle and Sebastian live.'  It was rather silly of me, but he did write back, in a very polite and nice manner.  I was smiling for the entire day.  (This was not today, it was a couple of days ago.)

I've decided that I have no room in my life for another close friend, so I've decided to give up on Will.  I'd have to scoot one of my other friends away, and seeing as how they're all very nice, entertaining, sweet people who care about me, I don't want to do that.  Perhaps later it will work out.

I've been listening to cheery music to pick me up this evening.  The cheery sides of Bob Dylan and Roy Orbison and Billy Joel... a bit of the modern rock craze, just for the catchy, happy melodies, and of course, a bit of Belle and Sebastian.  I wonder if Toxic Girl will do.

I've looked up the chords to carrot rope, thank you to everyone who answered either my question about where to find the tabs or what music to listen to.

I shall be leaving now, to gobble down a cheeseburger and french fries for dinner.  The corporate culture of America sure makes room for fast food.  (For more mockery of the corporate, industrial culture, watch Monty Python and The Meaning Of Life, the first 20 minutes or so.)  Ta ta for now.

Cheers,
Hye Min